Thursday, March 7, 2013

Big Dawgs Online Comp Feb 15 & 16th


Week has been good except for the dang row splits on Friday am.  I'm starting to feel pretty defeated here.  This is the third or 4th consecutive row workout that I've DNF'ed or be unable to hit paces. Won't make a big thing of it, but just wanted to express frustration.  

Didn't feel all that confident or excited going into Friday evening's Big Dawg Comp Day 1, but was happy with keeping myself present & positive despite. 

31 yr old F, 160cm, 125lbs
Friday Feb 15th PM

Test 1: Snatch TnG Skill Test

In 10 min find your 10-Rep TnG (“Touch-and-Go”) Squat Snatch from the floor (video submission required)
 
 
- After completion of the Snatch TnG Skill test, you must take a 10 Minute Rest before moving onto Test 2
Test 1 95lbs   Started at 90 then this. had 4 minutes left, but didn't attempt higher. Wasn't feeling it. 

Test 2 18/15/15/15 Still need to improve ability to drop to ground without slowing momentum.  Didn't hurt as bad as I was expecting...guess that means I should have worked harder.  
 

Test 3:  Deadlift/Wall Ball Test
 
7 rounds for time of:
10 Deadlifts @ 175lbs for men, 125lbs for women
15 Wall Balls @ 20lbs to 10ft for men, 14lbs to 10ft for women
 
After completion of Deadlift/Wall Ball Test, you have completed Day 1.

 Test 3 9:03. Paced a lot. First DL UB, WBs were all over place first round and then settled myself into sets of 5 with short rest and then Rnds 4-6 turned into 8/7, 9/6, 9/6 & finally decided to go ub on last rnd.  


I felt my stingy voice want to come out during the wall balls ("you f***ing suck.  stop being a ___") but I quieted it with my more nurturing side ("it's ok, do what you can, stay in the moment") by staying positive instead of getting angry I was able to be more positive near the end and finish stronger.  
I acknowledge that I need to be more confident and aggressive early to really succeed, but I feel confident that I'm more likely to get there by staying patient and calm than falling back on my habit of becoming self-abusive emotionally.  :)  


Day 2 (comprised of 1 test):
 
Test 4:  90 Minute AMRAP
 
AMRAP in 90 Minutes:
1300m Row
200m Farmer Carry @ 2pd/hand for men, 1.5pd/hand for women
15 Wall Walks
42 Double Unders
6 Rnds + row + ~70m
Coached early and then hit it at the end of the morning with Becca from the blog.  Was a good partner to push with.  Opened ~2:15ish pace and then kept around 2:17-2:22 for other rounds.  Was concerned about how I'd feel last 30 minutes, but fueling was perfect (sipped BCAA's mix the whole time and it was delicious).  I could have maintained the same pace for another hour and enjoyed it.  
Sunday Feb 17th
Have had good sleep all week and today had 60 min of gentle yoga, hearty brunch and a 2 hour hike.  

No comments:

Post a Comment