Tuesday, April 22, 2014

4/22 AM: Ski/MUs/Burpees + 30 Power Snatches + 30 Cals AD.

4/22

Finished PM too late last night (7:30p) especially with opening the first two classes today. Was after 9 by the time I headed to bed & I'm not able to just plug in and recharge like my cell phone.  Maybe 10 by the time I fell asleep??  Awake at 4:30 without alarm. 
I've been sleeping on a new bed and I think it's too soft.  Body feels really stiff in the mornings especially through the midback.  Going to try a different bed tonight. 

Was a struggle to get going this morning.  Took over one of the MT tables for about 40 minutes trying to hit a recharge button and find some energy.  

AM
200m ski
3 muscle-ups
6 burpees
200m ski
3 muscle-ups
6 burpees
rest 2 min
x3
4:12
3:51
3:41
Feeling better as the sets went on.  All MUs UB.  Feeling with these. 

+

For time:

30 power snatch 65#30 cal AD


Rested ~20 minutes.  Then did a warm-up of 30s AD...2 minutes or so rest then 10 35lbs power snatches + 30s AD, 2-3 minutes then 10 65lb power snatches and 30s tough on AD.  Rested 3-4 minutes and started. 

Goal was to not give up on the power snatches and do them UB.  That was accomplished & felt pretty effortless....until I made my way to the bike.  After the 40 cals in 1:20 on Saturday I was hoping to rip through the 30 cals in a minute or just over.  However I felt a bit different following the power snatches than I did following the 400m run. It took me a good 40s to get up to 400 watts.  I focused on holding strong once I finally got it revved up.  It was tough and one of those moments when you hit 1:05 and have 5 cals left and are digging to try to get it over with and then hit 1:10 and still have 1 cal left and have to dig for another 5s for the machine to turn over to 30...31 actually.  Overall time 2:39ish...was a bit out of it.  Felt horrible afterwards.  
Took awhile to get off the bike and when I did my legs felt worse than they have in a very long time.  The stumble off the bike at the 3:15 point in the vid is classic. 10 minutes after finishing is when I started to feel like I could throw-up.  Feeling hung around for the next 10-20 minutes.  Slowly walked home, ate some food and chilled on the couch all afternoon...until it was time to make my way back for PM training.  :)

Felt good to knock out the morning after feeling so low going into it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment