Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Crush Games Clean PR 195lbs

Crush Games Day 1 Results 
Crush Games Day 2 Bracket Results 
Event 1
8 min to clean max
Despite getting there in plenty of time my warm-up was cut short on this one.  I had done 1 rep at 95 & one at 135 about 25 minutes prior to going out on the floor.  Good thing my nervous system was jazzed and ready to go. Although I certainly think I would have been able to open heavier and have more time with a better warm-up.  Build-up went something like: 125lbs, 145, 165, 175, 185...thought about grabbing the 2.5lbs for 190lbs but then acknowledged that I came for a new pR and not to tie my old so I threw on the 5lbs and hit 195lbs.  I had about 1 minute left and you had to have your weight set for Event 2 by the time the minute was done or else it ate into your score for that event.  I threw on the 2.5lbs and went for it ~30s after the first & feeling a bit flustered as I saw others ready with the sh 2 OH.  The video was my only attempt and then I stripped weights off (I had put 25lbs on the inside to start the clean) to 85lbs just as they gave the 3, 2, 1...
Immediately followed by
Event 2
2 ton shoulder to OH for time.
Had so idea what this was going to feel like.  Had 48 reps to do so in my head I was thinking about 4 sets of 12...not to do them in 12s, but to mentally get through.  From there I segmented further into 6s.  I made it to 18 before feeling like my push power was slowing.  Dropped it and would immediately pick back up.  Sets were: 18, 6, 6, 6, 5 (failed on the 6th rep trying to lock it out and lost it behind me.) Took a slightly longer break (3-5s?) and picked it up to get through the final 7 reps in ~2:10.  This was my worst event with a 27th place after 15th in the clean.  First time the absolute strength was not my worst event so that is a positive. 


Corey didn't video the 195, but he did catch the miss at 200. I set the goal last summer that I wanted to C&J 200lbs by the time I turn 35, but I'm thinking that I can make that happen sooner than expected. I will be 32 in less than a month. Certainly still plenty of work to do, but it's going to happen! When I first set that goal my C&J max was 170 & 200 seemed like a distant dream being that it was closer to my present back squat max.  
A year ago I was stoked to be able to stand up 165lbs.  Having only put ~10lbs on my clean in the entire prior year (~155-165lbs) I was not expecting to be 30+ lbs greater over the next year.  (Video of 165lbs from summer 2012.)
Now I just need to put it overhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment