Saturday, August 31, 2013

Training 8/30


Me & my mom at Bowen event earlier this month. 

My mom's first fitness event. She did great! 

8/30
Sleep ~9/930p-4:30-then snoozed until 5:30. Coached at 7a.
9AM
EMOM for 20 min
odd - 3 TnG power clean 71% 1RM Done @ 132lbs/60kg with men's bar. Felt smooth.
even - 4 muscle-ups unb Done! I almost missed it in the final minute. I missed on my second rep which was the first miss of the day. Reset and went at the 30s mark and paused in the top of the rings b/f 3 & 4. 3 was tough and 4 I had to pull like hell, and then fight for the lock out of the dip. But I made it. All previous sets were fairly smooth. Loving the muscle-ups these days!
+
10am
EMOM for 20 min
odd - 8 burpees hr 21-23s each consistently 21-22
even - 15 wall balls 14# to 9ft 30-32s consistently. 9ft is significantly easier than 10 for me.

11am 
PM
run 400m @90%
rest 1:45
x6
- same sets
Ran 400m out, 400m back around block at gym so 1/3/5 and 2/4/6 were similar courses each with varying inclines/declines.
1. 1:45 2. 1:40
3. 1:35 4. 1:39
5. 1:35 6. 1:38

All of the above was fasted with BCAAs before each session & recovery drink after the final session. Woke up hungry and cooked breakfast, but then never ate before the day got rolling.  
1pm 30 minute MT session. Left heel has been talking to me for several months now especially after running/DU sessions. Have not been consistently getting MT or nearly the amount of bodywork I was months/weeks leading into regionals. Some weeks it's 1x and others 2-3 vs in the past after nearly every training session or at least something daily. My body certainly feels the difference without it and time to put it back into the mix as a top priority!

2:30 meal at 12 Bones

4-6p Hike Z1 at Sleepy Gap from Parkway into Bent Creek for upper portion of Explorer loop. New hike connection we recently came upon which is always fun.
Heel was sore throughout had to focus to relax it down all the way on uphills.  

7-10p Vision Board Party with Lululemon crew. Not nearly enough food in my body prior to this as I was rushed to make it on time. 
Legs were stiff and achey by the end of the day. Made myself eat a good amount of calories when I came home before crashing.



No comments:

Post a Comment