Sunday, September 1, 2013

Training 8/31 & 9/1


Vision Board

8/31
Sleep 11:15-5:15a
Not a great day for training. Spent much of the morning playing catch-up on programming & emails and didn't get my stuff together to train before the gym got crazy. Lots of travelers in for the weekend!

9AM
Warm-up for this was poor. I essentially started 8 min with little to no warm-up.

Tried taking it from in front of shoulders and couldn't get my grip wide enough. Worked for initial loads: 75, 95, 115 but then failed at 125 on first attempt. I then took it over my head and used a wider grip from the back rack and that allowed me to get 125 as time expired. 25lbs off max.


2.5 hours of coaching then:

+
noonish: Fasted except BCAAs and early morning GreensFirst/coffee. The fasting isn't intentional I've even packed food the past two days, but neglecting to eat it.

2 rounds for time:
800m run
80 air squats
8 muscle-ups
14:41

Muscle-ups 6/2 then 7/1. I have done 8 ub once, but never more than 3 or 4 when heavier breathing was involved. Plus all the sets of 3 & 4 ub I have done in recent months made the 2 & 1 that I had to do after each big set no big deal to jump up and do right away. They are not quite as automatic as pull-ups, but getting more and more comfortable with the feel of the movement and less thinking is involved.
Runs of 4:30 then 4:25. (700m loop around block running to the left+ 50m out & back)
My left heel was bugging me a lot in the morning and I was planning on replacing the run, but was getting some MT from Corey after and he advised running would be best- focused on relaxing the heel down with each step and ran at pace I felt comfortable. He watched the runs and by the second round it became apparent that my right side may be the culprit & the left may be painful from overload as evidently I'm not using my right side. Evidently I had an ugly toe out going on the right by my second round. Had some good work on the glute on that side and being that it's now the next day and I've done more hiking it's definitely feeling better.

Afternoon hike: ~80 minutes


PM Sunday 9am
Motivation has been low. Probably not eating enough early in the day and then get sick of all the chewing in the pm. (Suck it up, buttercup!) :)

8 rounds for time:
30m yoke walk heavy-235lbs
8 ball over shoulder 75#/stone to shoulder 80lbs D-ball
5 log cleans heavy-95lbs.  
Missed a couple reps including very first, but able to hang onto it, drive harder with hips and complete ub. Splits pictured below...walked over to board to write down in between each so that would eat up about 30s or more a round.
28:16

PM hike: ~60 minutes. Heel continues to feel better and better!

9/1
Off
See above. 

I am sure I'll get my mojo back soon! I'll focus on the quote from a tank given to me by a client, "Tough she be little she be fierce."-Shakespeare


No comments:

Post a Comment