Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday Row Repeats +SAC Video


9/3
Sleep 930-530ish. Second day in a row I was slow to get going in the morning.

Second day in a row I ate breakfast. This time not until ~8am, but had two slices of breakfast ham, rice ~1/2 cup and banana.

10AM
row 500m @1:57
rest 3 min
x9
5 min rest after every 3


When I got my program last week and saw these 1:57s I thought...didn't James see that I said the 1:58s were much tougher than 1:59s?!?  Well, I guess he did, as I did have 3 vs 2 minutes rest.  Nonetheless particularly with my motivation in the dumps as of late I wasn't feeling too positive going into this session.  I was preparing myself for disappointment.  BUT I sat down with an open mind and got through it.   
I rowed ~2:07 for the first 500m of the last Crush Games Saturday workout and in typical fashion was the last one off the rower.  I got a touch faster each round, but never really went for more than 2:02 by the 3rd round.  But I'm learning that I greatly under-estimate myself.  

Here is the graph my husband drew for me shortly following that row workout.  The dash line is our upper threshold and the lowest arch is me going out easy and then as time expires trying to kick it in when I realize I have a lot left.  
The first two lines are the recommended.  To go out, exceed threshold and settle in...takes me trusting in my training or go out harder to approach threshold and hold on until a last burst at the end.  
I listened and then requested that he go back into husband vs coaching mode. I know he only wants the best for me which  partially means seeing the best out of me.  :) 


A shout out to iWebXpert and the new video they made us for the Stay Active Clinic! New CFA video coming soon as well!







No comments:

Post a Comment