Sunday, September 15, 2013

9/14 Fueling Issues.

9/14
Sleep was decent. 10ish to 6. Woke up a few times and took a little while to fall asleep after the later PM pool workout.  
Didn't have a whole lot of options for breakfast but woke up hungry so had about a half cup of chicken salad with two slices of apple.
8:30AM

A. Clean and jerk - build to 155# - every 90 sec perform 1 rep @155# for 8 sets
After missing my first three I dropped down to 135 for final 5, as it didnt seem as though 155 jerk attempts was the intent.  Found my groove and felt good at lighter load.  First two misses at 155 below and then battery died. 


B. Standing Triple Jump - build to a max in 5 attempts
15-17' well off but it will be better on game day.  Legs have no spring. 
C. Row 500 m @ 97%; rest 90 sec in rower; Row 500 m @ 97%
About 200m into my first row it dawned on me that I was definitely under fueled. All the row repeats I have done over the yr have shown me the drastic differences I experience when I don't have enough sugars to run off.  
Sitting there during the 90s break Corey says to me, "Are you ok?  You're really pale."  
First one was on pace for ~1:50 but fell off to 1:53.0.  Started the second and was on pace for 1:56 and I shut it down about 200m or so in.  
Certainly frustrated with myself, but again learning, learning, learning! 
I looked back over the day before and remembered feeling hungry on the hike after which I went straight to the pool after which I didn't have a recovery drink as I was picking up sushi on the way home & didn't have shake stuff with me. Ate sushi plus steak we had cooked at home, but didn't finish the bowl I had piled high with food, as I felt full after ~ 1.5 rolls and 4-6oz steak.  Not enough overall cals for all the work done on Friday and thus low motivation and an empty gas tank on Saturday morning.  

12:30PM  Had recovery shake after AM.  Then ate a bit of food with a homemade energy bar from a client about 30 minute before doing this one.  I knew it wasn't ideal, but I just wanted to get it done and go home for the day. 


10 min amrap:
8 power cleans 85#
10 burpees over bar
12 pull ups
1. 1:30 -UB power cleans, steady burpees, UB pullups
2. 3:30 (2:00)-1, 1, 1, 2, 3, steady burpees, UB pullups
3. 5:20 (1:50) 3, 3, 2, steady burpees, UB pull-ups
4. 7:10 (1:50) 4, 4, steady burpees, UB pullups
5. 9:00 (1:50) 4, 4, steady burpees, UB pullups
+ PCs (UB) + Burpees (Fastest set)+ 3 pull-ups 
Attitude improved as time went on during this one.  The bar beforehand didn't seem to impact anything, but probably b/c I paced it enough that it wasn't a factor.  
+ Rested 7 minutes then: 
run 200m @ OPTathlon pace
rest 30 sec
x6
51, 50, 49, 48, 47, 47.  Ran 200m out-rest there and then 200m back at gym.  Lots of people strolling sidewalks during the mid-day. 
Probably a bit fast, but felt relaxed. 

I officially knew that my mind was also running on empty after my walk home from the gym when I opened my bag and realized that I had at some point decided to pack my lifting shoes to bring home.  Very odd. 

Late PM hike of 2 hours 15 minutes.  Heel was feeling ~90-95% for most of the day, but pretty sore after the hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment