Saturday, September 14, 2013

9/13 PM Swim Intervals


Was pretty wiped after the EMOM power hour this morning.  Nothing was particularly taxing, but in the end I was tired. 

Lounged a lot in the afternoon and took a nap. 

Hour late afternoon hike.  
then: 

6:30PM 
I mostly always swim freestyle.  So being forced to swim other strokes was good for me.  What's the opposite of a fish out of water?  B/c that's how I felt.  I learned to swim at least more than childhood playing in the pool when I coudn't run.  And my IT Band was so irritated that most of the hours I've spent in the pool have been with one of those buoys b/w my legs.  So my lower body is not very efficient in the water & barely comes above the water.  I particularly felt this today with the other strokes I felt like my lower half was sinking to the bottom of the pool.  I was the only one at the pool at the start so I took advantage of the privacy and did a little filming  I've never een myself swim before.  Not too entertaining, but definitely doesn't look like what I see during the summer olympics.  lol 


swim
200 m IM warm up



+
50 m free @ 95%
rest 1 min x 8
49, 47, 44-46 for most.  Didn't have a way to record.  

Rested 1 min and then did the 200m breast stroke. Misread and did the IM as the cool down. 
+
200 m IM recovery
+
200 m breast stroke time trial  
Definitely have never swam more than 25m of breast stroke.  
50m: 1:30
100m: 3:11
150m: 4:51
200m: 6:21
Not overly hard just don't know how to move faster while doing this.  Not really sure what I was doing.  
+
kick cool down.  Did the IM again as cool down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment