Monday, August 27, 2012

Training Monday August 28, 2012

Monday Aug 28, 2012
Sleep ~10p-4a  Took while to fall asleep with 2 melatonin ~830.  

Was feeling sluggish all yesterday. Despite not optimal sleep cough & energy seem better this morning. Coaching 5a-8a

Training 8a
A. 4 sets
20s Max rep thrusters @ 75# (10, 10, 10, 10)
40s rest
20s Max rep pull-ups (18, 19, 16, 10-10s on last set as grip was getting fatigued & didn’t want to rip)
40s rest

Was going to do 30s on thrusters, but with feeling run down recently I kept it to 20s to avoid getting into the lactate power zone. Felt good.

Manual therapy & about a 20 minute break.

B. Hang snatch @ 93# every 30s for 10 minutes. 

1 miss behind @ 4 minutes-did one extra rep @ the end to make up for it.  Felt crisp & solid.

May hit the track later for some quick intervals depending on how my energy is post-nap!
Read for about 40 minutes & slept for 10-20 minutes. Opted for a 45 min hike @ Bent Creek over the track.
Pre-salad

I've been feeling a bit run down recently-started Friday morning when I got up to do the 6am class with Corey despite not sleeping well. I had said I would do the class with him & got caught up on keeping my word vs listening to my body. I wasn't sure if I was just trying to find a reason to get out of rowing, but in hindsight I was tired & should have rolled over & caught an extra sleep-cycle. I was at least smart enough to not go 100% during the workout.
Missed an afternoon nap on both Friday & Saturday & continued to feel run down all of Sunday. Was on the schedule to open this morning & despite not falling asleep as early as I would have liked last night there was definitely an improvement today.

Nonetheless, I'm making a point to optimize everything I can control-food, hydration, stress & sleep!

I'm a snacker being that I am pretty much never in the kitchen prepping food without eating something-I've been making efforts to have more awareness over what I am snacking on. In the recent past it's been lots of cheese, nuts, raisins... today it was pickles & almond butter....(yes, it's delicious to me & no I'm definitely NOT pregnant-I've been eating pickles & PB since childhood thanks to my Gram's delicious sandwiches & now it's pickles & almond butter.) But then as I stood there looking at my giant salad bowl full of greens I thought, "why not have a pre-salad salad while the bacon cooks?" And so I did.


Lunch!

1 comment: