Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday 8/29/12 Regionals 2011 Workout #3

Sleep: In bed around 8:45 asleep by 9:30p up by 6:30 ~15 minutes before alarm.
Feeling good today.
Training @ 8:30

21-15-9
Deadlifts @ 205
Box jumps @ 24"

21: 15/6 deads
15: 9/6
9:9UB


warmed up to 225x3.  Warm up felt heavy @ both 205 & 225 which made me a bit nervous for the workout, but when I went back to 205 at the start of the work out it moved well.  Felt like I was getting slow to stand, but watching the video I probably did have 21 straight.  I didn't have the confidence for it with how I felt on the warm-up, but next time I will not let how I feel on the warm up dictate the workout.

It's a bit frustrating that it appears the CF Games does not keep archives of previous years' results.  I remember looking up the 2011 regional workout results prior to the start of the 2012 Open back in Jan of this year, but now I am unable to locate anything. (Does anyone know where I could possibly find the results??)  This is a bit frustrating as I do not have record of my time from this workout elsewhere.  I feel 100% confident that it is better.  My memory feels like I was mid-upper 6 minute or 7 minute range.

Mentally today was light years better.  I was terrified of the 205lbs in 2011.  I was a bit intimidated today during the warm-up, but did a good job of staying with it & focusing in on me.  Granted, I didn't have anyone else around me to compare to or worry about, but this is probably the first workout in a long time that I did not continually look at the clock.  In fact, I didn't look at all until I finished.

Box jumps were also much better as I didn't have a rebound for 24" in 2011.  You can see a brief portion of the first time I did this workout & some of my negative thinking I went through during here.  

90 minutes of coaching, some manual therapy and then...

3 sets of:
20 cals on Airdyne
3 rope climbs (15')
15 GHD sit-ups

Rest 3:30
Goal: faster over each.

Set 1: 20 cals in 56s 2:37 overall
Set 2: 21 cals in 50s 2:35 overall
Set 3: 20 cals in 46s 2:17 overall -faster transition from AD to rope climbs.

Felt good.
More manual therapy after this.  Thank you Dawn!

Headed for an afternoon hike with dogs, nap & then a 90 minute yoga class tonight.  It's another great day!!

1 comment:

  1. 6:31
    http://games2011.crossfit.com/regions/mid-atlantic/leaderboard.html

    ReplyDelete