Friday, January 31, 2014

Back to the Land of Barbells: Hang Clean Single & 30 Squat Cleans 155lbs


Sometimes when I have a lot to say I end up saying nothing at all b/c I'm not sure where to start.  That's part of my MIA from this blog for the last month or so.  In short, I had an awesome road trip across the SW to compete in the OC Throwdown.  Then recently had 10-11 incredible days with flight cancellation in Costa Rica with Corey.  Great country.  Definitely hope to go back.  Was an active & restful trip, but not a whole lot in the way of training.   Did something short at least every other day, but nothing very intense.  Surfed for the first time twice which was fun to try a new sport.

Arrived home from Costa Rica last night around midnight.

Sleep 12:30ish-6a.  No naps.  Running errands & playing catch up.  It was a successful day.

Training 5:30p

A. Hang Clean: Build to a heavish single
85, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145, 155, 165.  Called it.  I've maybe done 170 before??  I need to get better at tracking my records.  

B. 30 Squat Cleans @ 155lbs (video)
5 ~ 1 min
10- 3ish (2ish)
15 4:40 (140ish)
20 6:35 (155)
25 8:15 (140)
30 9:52 (137) 

No misses.  Squats were tough.  My phone was dead, Corey's phone was dead.  I used Amber's & her's died mid-workout.  Amber's feedback to me was, "your decent on the squats is like you're doing tempo squats".  Now that I see the video...I don't totally see that.  It definitely wasn't a 3s ecc.  :) 

C. 75 Toes to bar for time. At every break complete 50 unbroken double unders.
25, 40, 57, 72, 75 7:58 
Left shoulder felt a bit limited and didn't seem to get the most power out of my kip.  
DUs were not a problem. All sets UB with no trips.  There was resting b/w exercises to try to get the most out of each.  Not sure how much that helped.  Grip was fried at end and completely lost my kip on T2B last two sets.  Was just hanging there and essentially doing them strict which really killed the grip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment