Sunday, October 27, 2013

10/25 & 10/26 OC Throwdown Week 2


10/25
AM
EMOM for 24 min
minute 1 - 3 continental cleans tough -axle if you have one?
First time doing these.  Could have just power cleaned the axle, but the belly to the front rack flip is tough.  I'm not strong in that lumbar/thoracic extension needed for this so it's really good to work on.  Had some good rib cage & trunk MT work following this session.  

minute 2 - 5 burpees
minute 3 - 4 unb muscle-ups  Took this out due to OC Throwdown Qualifier workout tomorrow. 
+
EMOM for 22 min
odd - 9 kb swings 1.5pd
even - 2 pHSPU tough depth
Done...shortened the rest to finish by the time I needed to coach.  KB overhead position isn't great.  pHSPU feeling good even though Rt. shoulder feeling funky lowering into the bottom.  Anterior felt area that was bothersome after Monday's pullups.  Did 3 sets to 25lb plate + mat, then only to the mat then all the way to the floor mat for the last 4 sets.  (last couple of sets in video) 


PM
50m swim @ hard aer pace
rest 30 sec
x18


Done.  Focused on using legs more & must be getting a bit better as legs were fatigued for the first time following a swim session.  Particularly in lateral hammies.  Couldn't see clock for exact times well but ~ 50+ seconds per set.  Felt more sustainable than last week. 

10/26 Switched AM session for PM and replaced the AM for OC Throwdown Week 2 Qualifier in PM.  
AM
4 rounds for time - faster pre round, record and show it:
0.4 mile AD
15 burpees
12 chin ups
10 box jump step-downs 24"


PM 7:30am
A. Hang squat snatch clusters- high hang; 2.2.2.2; rest 20 sec/rest 3 min

High hang is tough for me and Rt. Ant shoulder was bit bothersome so went conservative here and avoided having any misses.  Did 3 sets since it didn't say.  65, 75, 85lbs.  If I didn't have a bunch of OHS in the PM I would have called the first 1 or 2 sets warm-up, but opted to keep the overhead volume low. 
+
For time:
5-4-3-2-1
bar muscle-ups all UB.  Faster transitions than last week...rechalked for 4s, but then got myself right on the bar for 3, 2, 1. 
heavy stone to shoulder Used 95lbs.  115 was next choice and couldn't do it in skill work Wednesday so stuck with 95 which didn't seem too tough. 
wall balls 30# to 10 ft  All singles that dropped to the ground.  These were tough.  I had to jump hard to reach the target! 

6:52 overall and a really fun workout! 

Late afternoon hike of 80 minutes then home to change and walk to gym for OC Throwdown Qualifier. 
AMRAP in 8 minutes
20 OHS @ 65lbs ub
20 Pull-ups ub
20 OHS @ 95lbs ub
20 C2B pull-ups  1,5,F,4, 10
20 OHS @ 105lbs 7,6,7
20 Muscle-ups F, 1F, F, 1, F 
AMRAP OHS @ 115lbs in any remaining time. 

Was after 7pm by the time I got to the gym.  And was there solo.  Despite I was excited for the workout.  When I first saw the workout I was dreading the OHS, but then I realized on the hike today that I love squat snatches yet despise OHS.  SO, I decided to focus on the squat snatch & then just hang on for AMRAP OHSs.  That helped me not dread putting the bar overhead.  (Oh, the head games I have to play with myeslf.  :) 
In the end, OHS went better than I expected & C2Bs and especially MUs were much harder than expected.  Haven't done many MUs under fatigue recently and man, my arms didn't have any pull.  The UB set of OHS @ 95lbs was an AMRAP PR at that load.  Can't recall more than 12-13 ub in the past when we've done AMRAPs at 95.  Perhaps that dug me a bit too deep, as I then struggled to get coordinated on the C2Bs.  And just had no pull for MUs.  Probably should have taken the time to lower the rings as they were high and I didn't get into the false grip with the jump and then my pull was weak and couldn't get high enough.  Haven't missed this many MUs in a long time.  Good learning.  Onward. 




10/27
Off-Started female cycle in the middle of the night on Saturday.  Cramps MUCH better than typical. Took 2 advil & essentially full relief.  Cycle was full two weeks late.  First time in a long time that I recall cycle being this far off & I was starting to wonder... but then again this is the first time I'm actually tracking it.  Gotta love phone apps.  lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment