Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Anniversary & BeerCity BeatDown Weekend 10/11-10/13

On Friday the 11th Corey & I celebrated 5 years of marriage.  We did so by taking a hike out to new territory to overlook Table Rock.  It was an incredible spot.  So many great places to visit in WNC!
Saturday the 12th was a local team competition called the BeerCity BeatDown.  It was the first annual and a very well run event.  The first event was 20 minutes for the four of us to build to a max snatch & C&J.  I was excited to share a bar with my teammate Kate Carson in our first team event & used that energy to add 10lbs to my previous snatch PR.  The build up went: 85, 105, 115, 125, 135 (tied PR), 145-nailed it. 155-had it overhead, but no go.  Tried one more at 150 moved on.  When I first approached the 155 bar I had a moment of distraction, as I looked down & realized I had never pulled up my knee sleeves.  It obviously didn't matter, but man, I can't allow those simple little distractions, as I felt myself lose the energy of the focus.
C&J was not as good as the OPTathlon.  Opened with the 150 then jumped to 175 which was solid.  Went to 185 & missed the jerk...twice.  Worked hard on the clean both times.  Went down to 180 in the final minute and hit there.  The last time I totaled was in 2010 at the AO & my C&J was 70kg/151lbs.  There was an individual component to event one taking BW & age into the scoring.  After days of sorting it out it turned out that I took 2nd to a masters lifter...3 more years & I get credit as a masters lifter.
There were 3 more events: #2. my leg was 30 H/R push-ups, 30 pistols (where you were allowed to cheat & wrap your leg which I found was easier so we were all doing it to not disadvantage ourselves & they essentially turned into jumping pistols which was interesting) & 250m row.  That buried me for a bit.  Pulled 1:40/1:41 and found another gear the last 15s or so to get it reading 1:38/1:39.  That was fun.  Afterwards I cashed out with my dog for a bit.  




 Next event: 300, DUs, then 100 thrusters (75), KBS (53), Box jumps 24", OH WL 35lbs/100ft.  
Did ~100 double unders UB to finish out the 300 for the team, then like a set of 20 & 15 thrusters, 30 KBS, two sets of 20 or so box jumps & the walking lunge.  We didn't quite finish the 15 min time cap. 
Final event was one pair runs track (men w/med ball) then each do 25 OHS synchronized, the other pair runs and then each do 25 synchronized SDHP (75lbs) and end with each person doing 2 sets of 10 bar facing burpees.  




2010 Garage Games our last Team Comp

Vs now.  

All in all it was a fun day & our team took 3rd overall.  If anything I realized how much less demanding (at least this particular) team competition relative to individual.  The whole work hard, rest while your teammates work was pretty great!  But I'm back to the individual game.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment