Saturday, September 15, 2012

OutLaw Camp Day 1 Clean & Jerk PR!

Friday September 14, 2012
Sleep: ~9p-6am woke up without an alarm.  Worked from home a bit this morning, cleaned the house, took the dogs to Bent Creek for an 80 minute walk/run as feel, but mostly walking.



Then I jumped in the car & headed on the 4 hr drive to Raleigh for the kick off of the Outlaw Training Camp weekend.  Thankfully I didn't hit traffic, as I left with only 30 minutes to spare & as I was approaching the cities I remembered that I wasn't in little old Asheville anymore.  But I made it with 15 minutes to spare.

We took about 40-60 minutes to first snatch & then about the same amount of time for clean & jerk.

It seems like a lot of time, but there were upwards of 7 people per platform (or at least on the one I was using) & there was upwards of 5-10+ minutes b/w lifts particularly during the snatch.  It went something like this...

Snatch: 35, 65, 85, 95, 105, 115, over 10 minute break so did 115 again then 120 (ties PR) & I had one attempt at 125 which went over my head well & I think I just surprised myself.  They had already called for us to transition before I even attempted the 125 so we moved on.

I was very happy with how this snatch session felt.  I felt smoother through the transition to overhead & more stable overhead.  Going to keep working the baseline strength stuff & I think I have a 60kg snatch in me before the competition year is said & done.  That will be a big goal for me to cross off the list!

C&J: 105, 125, 135, (did a couple squats here after I power cleaned it), 145, 150, 155, 160, 165, 170 (PR), two attempts @ 175...got it to my shoulders, but not tight enough in the bottom to stand it up.  I power cleaned all except for the 170lbs which is both a clean & a jerk PR.  Pretty happy to put them together.  Unfortunately I don't have any videos from today.  Another time.

The 175 will happen this year.  I was mentally not ready for it.  I felt my intimidation factor increase when I was at the barbell.  Oh the limitations our mind can put on our physical ability.

My longer term goal is 1.5x BW which would be 180lbs at the moment.  I'm thrilled with my progress to this point & look forward to the future!  This morning when I woke up I just thought to myself & actually I said to Dunsmore (who I'm staying with here in Durham), "I can't believe I put 170lbs over my head last night."  In 2009 I was completely scared out of my mind to DEADLIFT 185lbs in a workout & now I'm looking to the future thinking, "It's going to be so awesome when I C&J 185lbs."  Throughout college when I was battling injuries i always felt like I should be doing something other than distance running, but I just didn't know what.  I'd say I found something a bit better suited for me.  Whatever it is I sure am having fun pursuing  the upper limits of my physical ability.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment