Saturday, September 22, 2012

Outlaw Camp Sunday 9/16/12

Sleep: ~midnight til 7:30ish



AM: Snatch 2 reps EMOM for 5 minutes then AMRAP for 1 min at the start of the 6th minute. Completed @ 105lbs.  Did 7 reps in final minute.  Missed 1 @ ~30s mark & almost had 1 more at the buzzer with a TnG effort....guess I should have tried that before the last rep.  It went over my head, but couldn’t stand it up.  This was a fun workout.


PM: 2 minute max rep rope climbs to 15’: 7
7 minute AMRAP 7 back squats @ 185lbs, 14 burpees to 12” reach.  Back squats were 90% of my max.  Whew.  1 round +7 squats & 5 burpees.  Squats were obviously the limiter.  Reps were something like 2, 2, 1, 1, 1.  Then all singles for first 5 & finished with a double.  
2 minutes AMRAP cals on rower.  29.  I was too sluggish & drug my feet headed to the rower. Didn’t start until 30s into the 2 minutes.  I sat on the rower, strapped in, took a deep breath & stated, “I love to row.”  Then I went.  I need to have more faith in myself.  This turned out to be equal to highest score of any other top ladies that I saw & many of them had an extra 15s on the rower.  So I actually could have had the top score here.  Who would have thought?  Obviously not me.  I need to remember that I have a good engine at the end of hard efforts & fight all the way to the end other than just counting myself out before anything even begins.  Was averaging 1100-1200 cals/hr which I think is 1:53-1:55 pace based upon what the other units said when I was done.  Not sure.
Gotta keep squatting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment