Monday, September 24, 2012

9/23/12 Sunday Hike & Mental PB!

Sleep 9:30p-8a  Ahhh, I love sleep!

Got up, made some coffee, filled up the camelpak & headed out the door with Corey & the dogs for a hike @ DuPont State Forest with some friends.  It was an incredible day without a cloud in the sky!  We hiked about 2.25 hrs & saw a bunch of waterfalls.  Did one attempt at a handstand walk across the covered bridge, but didn't quite make it half way.  Next time I'll cover the distance in one attempt!

Muscles of mid-back are sore after fighting to stand up the 3rd rep of front squat @ 160lbs yesterday.  At least that's what I contribute it to.  Otherwise feeling good, but avoiding the gym today.

On another note I considered myself to have a mental PB today.  Despite not getting any of the programming/website/email stuff done prior to leaving for the hike I decided to embrace the great day & be in a good mood.  As we were driving home from the hike I proclaimed to Corey, "I love Sundays!" And he turned & gave me a high five.  It's a bit of a history behind that, but let's just say that is the first time in our 3.5 years of business he has regularly heard from me, "I hate Sundays."   Let's just say that for years I have had the habit of being in a bad mood on Sundays when I felt overwhelmed for the week.  Owning a business it can be easy to not keep perspective & regularly get yourself worked up.  Then I would end up grump & blue on my only day away from being at "work".  I'm glad that I have chosen to change my perspective.  :)

"Happiness is a decision, not a situation."  It's one thing to understand the concept & a whole other reality to LIVE IT!




Lloyd swimming for sticks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment