Sunday, November 10, 2013

11/9 10 minute Airdyne


11/9
While I skipped my PM swim last night which would have had me going to the pool after 6p when I had been up since 4a…I went to bed before 8.  Not the most consistent night of sleep….took awhile to doze and then up a few times, but felt good to have a lot of time in bed…up at 5a. 

Hungry in the am, but didn't want to eat too much before the AM training. Banana & PB around 6a. 

8AM
10 min AD for max cals
Warmed up a touch for this which is the first time i've done any warm-up for this tester.  Treated it a bit like the 500m row repeat warm-ups where I did 15s moderately tough, 20s then 30s with a few minutes rest between.  Could have done a few more, but wanted to get going.  
Becca noted a few splits for me.  I caught the 1 minute, 2:30 & 5 minute, but to be honest I had my eyes closed for most of the time.  
Time cals
1:00 21
2:30 50 
5:00 91
7:00 126
8:25 150
9:30 170
10:00 184 

PR is 190 the Monday leading into Regionals 2013 which was also my first 10 min AD test.  This was my second best score and this time felt the best in that I felt the most accepting of the moment and like I'm finding more gears and ability to hold that constant "grind" without any major spin off of physical/mental energy.  In the past I've had moments throughout the 10 in which I'd momentarily give up and feel like I just didn't want to keep going and watts would drop well under 200 & then would  have to rev it back up. This time while my eyes were closed for most of it the lowest I ever saw was 220-230 watts.  
At the 2:30 mark I noted I was on pace for 200, but didn't feel confident that I could hold and clearly I lost some steam the next few minutes.  Had a strong finish and was able to walk around after. 
About 10-15 minutes after I finished up until about 30 minutes after I finished I experienced a horrible stomach ache and cramps.  It finally eased up and I was able to feel good to coach the 9:30 class, but for a bit I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it.  First time I experienced that post workout. 
PM-11am following an hour of coaching and then some mingling. Feeling a bit out of it and wanting to eat some food and sleep, but had a massage at 12:30 and wanted to finish my PM beforehand to have the rest of the afternoon clear of training. 


A. Hang squat snatch clusters 1.1.1x6; rest 30 sec/rest 3 min
95, 105, 110, 115, 120 F x 3, 115.  No misses until I got to the 120.  Wanted to finish on a solid note so went back down to 115.  Not feeling super sharp so I'll take it.  

+
7 rounds for time:
4 muscle-ups
10 thrusters 85#

Opps…did this as 
10 Thrusters
4 MUs
Warmed up with 3 strict C2Bs and then adjusted the bar from the snatch weight and started.  
Round 1 did thrusters UB then the next 6 rounds as 2 sets of 5.  All MUs were 4 UB and felt solid.  Took my time on transitions back to thrusters, but made point to practice transitioning to MUs with higher HR and would start ~10s after finishing thrusters.  Was good practice there. 
Rnd 1 ~1:10
~7 min @ end of 4 rounds 
12:28 overall 
HR 180 at finish. 

11/10
Good sleep.  ~9/930-5-turned off alarm and rolled over until 6:30. 
Off-headed out for hike on a beautiful, clear fall day in the mtns! 

No comments:

Post a Comment