Wednesday, April 3, 2013

130402 PM Training

PM
A. Push press; build to a 3rm
83, 93, 103, 113, 123, 133lbs.  tough, called it. 


B. Split jerk; build to a max
123lbs, 133, 143, 153, 158, 163F. called it.  Load was feeling heavy off the rack and awkward early on like it was hard for me to stand tall with the load.  Did what I could to convince myself it was light.  :) 
+
7-->1
Hang power clean and jerk 115#
muscle ups

11:54

Yesterday morning my MUs felt awesome and this evening I didn't have the motivation to get into the rings.  No afternoon nap and feeling a bit fatigued.  With that said, I didn't have any misses. Did mostly all singles and a couple doubles.  The rings were slick and I didnt' feel like I had the strength for the false grip so I did majority (if not all) with regular grip which was the first time in awhile.  Good practice to change up the grip.  

The HPC & jerk was definitely awkward and my overhead position was not rock solid tonight.  
I felt myself want to be disappointed that this should have been faster, but then I realized that I was doing what I encourage my clients not to...to not have judgement around the training.  To do it and learn.  Once I stopped and acknowledged that I did 28 muscles ups & 28 C&Js at 115lbs in less than 12 minutes.  Then I remembered the last time I was given 30 muscle ups for time (Dec 29th) I only completed 27 in 12 minutes.  So my "bad" or "tired" or "off" days are improving.  

We'll always have days that we feel better than others, and I think it's what we can do on days that we feel a bit subpar that make the difference over time.  Being able to mentally/emotionally accept that we're feeling a bit off and being understanding & supportive with ourselves during that time seems to help me the most.  

No comments:

Post a Comment