Thursday, April 18, 2013

Training April 17th PM: Heavy "Diane-ish" sandwiched with row intervals

6PM
Tried to nap during the afternoon, but with no luck.  I rested in bed for close to two hours.  Periodically reading until my eyes got tired and then reading some more after long periods of attempting to doze.  Reminded me of what my nap attempts feel like during the afternoons of Regionals.  Not really sleeping, but resting.  

Row 2 min  

rest 1 min  

15-12-9
Deadlift 215#    
hspu  


Rest 1 min

Row 2 min
(scored as three events)
1st Row: Min 1 249m/Min 2 256m: 504m
4:20 for DL/hspu

2nd Row: Min 1 249m/Min 2 260m: 509m.  



Big thank you to Amber who I pulled out of the office during the first 1 min break to help me get through these deadlifts!  Not sure if I have pulled anything other than a couple reps of couple reps snatch grip DL from blocks over 200lbs this year & my body (or perhaps more accurately my mind) was a bit unsure. Glad I videoed as it felt horrible-like my shoulder blades were not holding back & together on the down & I felt rounded on the later pulls, but it didn't look nearly as bad as it felt.  

DLs broken into: 15 (9/6), 12 (7/5), 9 (5/4). 
HSPU: all easy & ub, but do still have a little bit of fear on the final round of 9, as I flash back to the final round of 9 during "Diane" at regionals last year where I failed on the final rep and added `20s or so to my time to get 1 rep.  Time to put that behind me! 

I didn't exactly know what to do on the first row so I treated like many of the 500m repeats I've done in recent months.  Maybe I could have gone a touch harder, but my legs were mildly shaky when I got off & I didn't know what the DLs would feel like.  I certainly dug deeper the second 2 minutes (maybe not Danny Nichols deep) but I kept picking up the intensity every 30 seconds into the finish and I did NOT let up before the finish, as it has been my habit in the recent past.  



18-Apr
OFF
In bed by 9p, but took awhile to fall asleep...ended up going down to couch to read and then waking up around 2;30 to go back upstairs.  Corey was up at 4 and then I got up at 530.  I didn't have anything specific on my mind, but I just felt a bit sparked after the evening workout.  I tend to take awhile to settle down afterwards.  
Feeling good now that I'm up...doing some coaching/programming/emails, have a 30 minute manual therapy session & getting into the woods with the muts today to maximize the rest day!  It's going to be another great day!! 
Smile Lloyd, it's hiking day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment