Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mid Atlantic Regional Event 1: "Diane"

Sleep Pretty good.  Feeling chill but excited.  Was in hotel around 6p and probably fell asleep around 9p and woke up at 4:50am.  Stayed up at that point.  Did some visualizing for the first event.

Ate 1 hard boiled egg and the white of a second.  1 banana.  Max-fiber supplement drink and vitamins per usual (Max-energy, VMG).  Had Starbucks coffee with cream but barely touched it.

Although I've been CFing for over 5 years now I'm a bit non-traditional is that I do not regularly do the "named WODs".  As such, I've never done the workout "Diane" before.

Diane
21-15-9
Deadlifts (155lbs)
Handstand push-ups
for time.



 I will visualize events by starting my stop watch and closing my eyes only to hit stop when I'm done moving through the whole thing.  Sometimes I'll journal about it afterwards.  This morning I did just that.  I visualized 3:49 with all DLs UB & fast & HSPUs UB but steady.

In reality I breezed through the DLs and went UB on the 21 & 15 HSPU but then hit a wall on the set of 9.  Came down after 5 on the last set.  Went back up to finish and failed on the 9th.  Took another attempt at the 9th without coming off the wall, but didn't make it.  Came down, shook out my arms and went back up to finish.  Took me 40s to complete the last 4 reps.

My judge told me my time: 3:48 and I immediately laughed remember the 3:49 from the morning visualization.

I had a solid warm up...focused on being quick on DLs and went up and did a few at 175lbs in attempt to help 155lbs feel even lighter.  Didn't do a ton of HSPUs, but practiced the transition a few times.

I have never felt so relaxed and at ease going into a workout.  I knew I would do what I could and that would be that.  In the past I'd have all this worry over the what ifs.  This was a good new feeling.

Learnings: Get faster at HSPUs not only in real life, but need to start seeing myself doing them faster as well!  :)  Would like to gain strength/confidence to knock these out strict.
Also, learn to use the full range allowed on the HSPU standard.  Corey pointed out to me that I had my hands a couple inches inside the border while those that were knocking them out faster than me had wider hand position and thus shortening their range.

No comments:

Post a Comment