Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back to Normal Eating!

Friday May 18th, 2012

My transition back to regular food went smooth.  They recommend upwards of 3 days before solid foods but most do the cleanse 5-15 days and I did 3.  So I had freshly squeeze OJ from the Greenlife juice bar this morning and some beet/celery juice in the later morning.  At lunch Corey and I hit up the EarthFare food bar before hitting the road to Charleston.  I ate mostly normal with emphasis on cooked vs raw veggies, but did have protein with pork and chicken salad.  I made a point to slowly eat it and it didn't seem to give me any issues.

We went to Charleston to watch one of our coaches, Rick Miller, in the Firefighter's Challenge.  It was his first official run of the year.  The course ended up being slow as there was a slight uphill slant for the final dummy drag which will definitely make a difference.  Rick still snuck under the 1:50 qualifying mark for later in the season.

We've talked a good deal about this event and he has played videos for me & Corey to better understand the event.  However, it was great fun to see in person.  Rick took 4th place overall in 1:49.  Great job Rick!


No comments:

Post a Comment