Thursday, May 31, 2012

MidAtlantic Regional Day 2 Event 3


Sleep was less than optimal after day 1.  I was a bit jazzed after the excitement of the day and although we got back to the hotel at a reasonable hour I broke some of my own "rules".  Spent about 2+ hours from about 7-9/9:30 staring at my computer screen answering emails and getting the CFA website ready for the following week.  Spending hours staring at a bright screen & then trying to wind down before bed didn't work out so well for me.  
I also made a comment to Corey about being on the wrong side of the bed before he started snoring around 9:30.  Soon thereafter I realized how wide awake I was feeling.  Tossed & turned a bit and then ended up taking 2 melatonin around 11/11:30.  Again, NOT the thing to do at that time of night.  I also woke Corey up and told him I needed my normal side of the bed back.  Soon after that I fell asleep sometime around midnight.  Corey was up around 5:30 & I kept rolling over trying to stay as asleep as possible.  I got up a bit after 6 and my eyes were burning.  I didn't freak out but I definitely finished my full caf coffee that morning.  

To the venue.  

Event 3
Complete 4 rounds of: 
10 DB snatch 70lbs
short run to end of competition floor and back 
10 min time cap. 

DB snatch workout was first.  Our warm-up options were interesting with the DBs: something like 35lbs, 45lbs, 50lbs and then jumped straight to 70lbs.  For the men it went from 70 to 100lbs.  I had actually brought a 65lb DB from the gym with me as they had 50/60/70lbs at the SE regional the wk prior and I was thinking that I wanted something b/w 60& 70.  I contemplated going to get it, but the car was at least 600m away & I wasn't sure it was worth it.  My warm up was fairly successful, I had a few misses, but nothing horrible.  I had more than enough time to warm up but wasn't sure what to do.  So just kept occasionally snatching the 50 aggressively and then the 70 in the same fashion. I would probably hit 3 out of every 5 attempts at the 70 during warm up.  

I was in the final heat of this workout due to my standings after day one.  3, 2, 1…go!  I got to work steadily hitting reps, but certainly not flying through like many of the other girls in my heat.  Pamela and I were well paced finishing the first and second round at nearly the same time.  Took me about 3:30 for the first round…was thankful to be running down that floor knowing that that was all I needed to continue onto Event 4, as I had concerns I would be stuck there with the DB for 10 minutes.   
Finished 2nd of a possible 4 rounds right around 7:30 and completed another 9 reps before the 10 min cap expired.  Pamela and I had the same score.  I had a few misses in the third set (only about 1 miss per round in the 1 & 2nd round) as I was trying to pick up the pace to finish it off.  If I went back to the DB too quickly I missed the rep.  It was a fine balance of fighting the clock without missing reps.  

I had ripped the skin of my right palm and left thumb pad so we went to the drug store to get super glue & athletic tape. Then headed back to the hotel to rest.  Event 5 wouldn't happen until 5pm that night (or so I thought)... 

No comments:

Post a Comment