Thursday, May 31, 2012

Neera Cleanse Experience

Lloyd's goofy smile upon my return from the bank. 


Neera Day 1 Tuesday May 15th, 2012
I had some anxiety about going 3 days without solid food.  But I started this morning. I'm seeing it as a new challenge.  

My husband Corey is continuing to eat normal as he has training to do.    His dinner smelled REALLY good. 

First Strict Muscle-ups!
One of my goals for the year was strict muscle ups as I had never been able to do one.  On Saturday post workout I randomly pulled myself up and in not for one but for 4 consecutive.  I was unable to replicate it Sunday or Monday BUT today I did 3 consecutive.  So it's not a fluke after all!  That's all I did today other than a 30 walk with the doggies.   

New goal: 7 strict and 12 kipping by March 2013  

Neera Day 2 Wednesday May 16th, 2012

The drink tastes much more delicious today!  Yesterday I was not all that into it.  I think I used too much cayenne pepper initially. 

Generally I'm feeling really good.  It was really pretty easy today although I regularly have to remind myself not to grab a bite of this or that.  My awareness to scents of food is quite potent...Corey had dill pickles cut on his salad that smelled delicious and walking by the olive bar while at the grocery store (needed more lemons) olives have never smelled so enticing!

Activity: Walked the dogs about an hr and did two strict muscle ups.  

Didn't get to sleep until 9;30 or later last night and I had the option to sleep in this morning but I was woke when Corey's alarm went off at 4:15 and didn't feel the need to fall back asleep so ended up getting up.  Energy has been high all day without caffeine. Oh I did fall asleep for a bit while reading in the sun on the deck, but didn't feel the need for a nap prior. 

Neera Day 3 Thursday may 17th, 2012
Learnings:

I can have good energy without "food" and I can survive and be a happy functioning person without food
Food & discussion around food is EVERYWHERE! 
I really do enjoy the act of eating and I greatly appreciate good food! 
My mental clarity is definitely not as sharp at times.  
It's funny how good I feel yet how much I'm looking forward to getting back to eating.  I feel it is more a desire of wanting my typical routine.  
I think I'll enjoy this again sometime and have more appreciation for the process now that I know what to expect.  

Activity: Hour hike in the woods with Corey and the dogs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment