Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sunday 5/27/12

Sleep 9p-6a no alarm.  Generally feeling tired.

Training @ 9:30am fasted except for coffee & cream


5 rounds for time:
20 burpees
100m farmers walk 1.5 pood/hand
40 double unders
Rnd 1 UB FC & DU 2:52
Rnd 2-5 FC broken at 50m
Rnd 2 3:38
Rnd 3 4:00
Rnd 4 3:35
Rnd 5 3:31
17:36 overall felt good  

It's my mom's last day in Asheville.  At 4:30 into the video she joins me for some mother-daughter farmer's carries!  She doesn't see herself as athletic being that she has never participated in sport.  However, this week I was trying to get her to acknowledge that I get much of my athletic ability from her genes.
I have seen pictures of my mom from when she was in her early 20s and although she never specifically worked out she was quite lean and had tiny 6-pack abs.  Then, one of the first times Corey met my mom we were out back at our old house talking about training (surprise, surprise).  Something came up about pull-ups and my mom says, "I wonder if I can still do a pull-up."  My at the time 52 year old mother reached up to the overhang of our patio and pulled herself up and over several times.  She may not have been doing any organized training, but she is a hard worker and would spend hours working in her gardens all through my youth and young-adulthood.  Since she moved to FL two years ago she has lost some of this strength as she now lives in a condo with no gardens or yard to maintain.  Hopefully she'll join our SilverFit ladies here in Asheville sometime in the near future!

Love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment