Thursday, May 31, 2012

MidAtlantic Regional Day 3 Event 5

Snatch ladder:
In 50s complete 20 double unders and snatch.  First load was 105lbs, 2nd was 115lbs, then 125lbs and increased by 5lbs from there.

When the event was announced my snatch PR was 116lbs.  The week prior to regionals I hit 118lbs three times and felt good about it.



Warm up went well.  I was feeling aggressive and hitting good weights.  I warmed up back and forth between 95/105 and 115lbs several times.  I didn't have any misses but also didn't attempt any heavier.  I did do some snatch pulls a bit heavier up to 135lbs just a couple times.

One of the most challenging parts for me with this workout was the amount of time between warm up and actually getting called out on the floor.  They lined us up and walked us out while the first ladies were going.  It was 20-30 minutes from when I finished my warm up to when I did the 105lbs load.  105lbs felt horrible, but I made the lift.  The next bar at 115lbs felt better for sure.  I was stoked for the 125lbs.

With the double unders I was intentionally doing 21 as I had an incident at regionals 2010 where I kept getting called back for another double under multiple times in a 12 min AMRAP workout.  No problem on the 105 & 115lbs but at the 125lbs my judge asked me to do one more DU.  I should have told her that I was planning to do 21 each set.  Maybe she would have had a bit more confidence then, as it was that uncertainty look when I set my rope down.

Anyhow, I had time for two attempts at 125lbs.  Missed both but dang watching the video they were overhead.  They gave me one DU at the end which I didn't feel I had, but I guess that made up for the initial miscounting.  :)  With a bit more warm-up or less time between warm up and being on the floor who knows...

Keep getting stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment