Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sunday 5/20/12 1k swim & Max Patch Hike



Sleep 10:15p-6:50a no alarm, but had some a few beers Saturday night @ local brewery & feeling low energy this morning.
Weight: 119.4lbs in bathing suit on fancy scale at Y

Internet wasn't working well at home so ended up going into town to hit up coffee shop prior to my workout.  I found myself being generally low energy & a bit moody today.  Husband & I ended up being on different pages regarding plan for afternoon training/errands.  He ended up dropping me off at pool without a watch as he didn't understand why I always need to have so many splits for my workouts.

Quite simply splits make me happy and help me to better understand my training.

Swam about 200m freestyle warm up and got going with it already.  Used wall clock at started at 10 minutes after the hour.  Went out aggressively as I remember last time  feeling like I never pushed much.  Well, this time it got my breathing all off and I missed about 4 flip turns throughout due to mistimed breathing.  Sucked in some water early on and was generally a mess.

With all that said it never felt like it caused me to slow to a crawl or anything dramatic, but when I came up at the end my time was 17:50 when last time my time was 12:54.  I had my own stop watch and splits for every 250m.  This time I'm just confused if I counted far too few of laps then or if this time I went crazy slow as I felt quite confident of my lap counting.  Who knows....THIS is a prime reason why I like splits.  I could have compared the 250m splits.  Oh well...in the end it was done and I'll have a better result the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment