Sunday, November 6, 2011

Training 11/6/11 Swim 1k time trial

Sleep: 9p-4a (Corey to airport)
Food: Omelet w/chorizo, fennel, cheese @ 9:30a.

Training @ 11:30am in Ohio
Warm-up consisted of standing on the side of the pool and swinging my arms back 'n forth a few times.  Got in and started the clock.  Perhaps I should have warmed up more simply to practice how to count laps.  I stopped to check my splits @ what I thought to be every 250m, but I was definitely getting confused.  I thought I may have done an extra lap during the first 250 and then I felt like the next 250 was focused and accurate, but then I kept getting confused the last half.
I do not know anything about what swim splits should be and had no idea what to shoot for so that made it difficult to know where I was.  Next time I will take a partner to count laps and note splits.  :)  My husband loves that stuff (meaning my need for noting splits). haha

250m: 3:14
500m: 6:00
750m: 9:30
1k: 12:54

I didn't feel like I was slowing down.  Rather I felt great and felt as though I was able to take it up a notch each quarter. Flip turns at every turn except when I stopped for splits and breath @ every 3rd stroke consistently.  I guess I'll know more when I do it again.

Here is a video of a 55lb weighted pull-up I did August 2011.  Completed 60lbs in the past month.

No comments:

Post a Comment