Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Training 11/22/11 1 1/4 Back Squats Day 3

C&J PR of 155lbs @ OPTathlon 1.0


Sleep 7:30-4a
Sugar: handful of chocolate covered cashews & rest of yesterday's glass of eggnog which I decided to put in the freezer yesterday.  Ate it with a spoon today.  Reminded me of those frozen pudding pops I used to eat as a kid & the eggnog lasted a lot longer eating it frozen.  :)

Training 9am
Warmed up with an easy 800m row (4:20) and did some sprint drills with double & single leg bounding.  Not feeling too crisp on the warm up & decided to roast a small coffee to get me motivated for some squatting.  The nice thing about drinking regular coffee sometimes less than once per week is that it does the job.  It was a great morning of training & coaching after that little cup.  I remember just a few months ago when it felt like coffee no longer gave me an energy lift.


A. 1 1/4 Back Squat @ 30X0; 4-5 x 4; rest 3 min
5x115, 6x120 (poor counting-video showed 6), 5x125, 5x130 (last couple were challenging. 
B1. Mixed Grip Chin Ups @ 21X0; 2-3 x 3; rest 10 sec  3x25lbs, 3x35lbs, almost 2 x 45lbs (not sure if chin cleared on the video replay)
B2. Mixed GRip Kipping Chin Ups - 15 x 3; rest 10 sec 15UB reg kip, 15UB started BF kip halfway through, 15UB BF kip.  A little shaky on the BF especially with consistency of height over bar.  Video of this 3rd round should be coming if I can get videos to upload from my husband's phone. 
B3. SandBag Lunges heavy - 10 steps R shoulder, 10 steps L shoulder unbroken; rest 3 min x 3. 50lbs 1st 2 rounds, added 10lbs plate with the SB to my shoulder for last round. Wasn't sure if I could do the 75lbs bag. Next time. 


Afterthoughts:  Squats weren't crazy heavy, but I felt much better about them today than previously.  Last week there was a great deal of hesitation & dread for that matter between reps.  So I was a bit concerned for the 30X0 tempo, but it wasn't a problem to go down & up today.  With a similar rep range I feel confident I'll be able to start & potentially get a bit heavier next time. I may even be starting to enjoy them. :)

MT following training to bilateral plantar surfaces of my feet.  Lower legs felt better today, but woke up with bilateral stiffness in my arches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment