Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11/14/11 Rest Day Hike & Old BS Vids

Sleep: 7p-4a
Active recovery: 1 hr trail hike Blue Ridge Parkway
Sugar: 1 chocolate caramel pecan cluster

Channeling positive thoughts towards my back squat.  Here is 195 from Jan 2011.  I'll get back there and beyond.  I was stuck between 150 & 160 from late 2008-summer 2010.  Finally started getting myself squatting more regularly after Regionals 2010 as it used to be months between squat sessions as well...it wasn't my favorite thing to do & when you don't follow a program you tend to avoid your weaknesses.  Had 1 rep of 160 June 2010 & brought my 5 rep max up to 180 by Nov 2010.  So, I must keep my progress in perspective.  I have definitely stalled in the past year, but exposure or at least consistent exposure could also be to blame. On a positive I can squat what was my max two years ago any day of the week.  It's my goal within the next two years to be able to squat 200lbs any day of the week.  I'm almost 5 years into CF type training now so unfortunately the maxes and PRs don't come quite as quickly or as regularly these days.  However, I appreciate them when they do.  Long term health & consistency is key!  I have had far fewer set backs over the past 5 years than when I was running I was constantly injured.  Literally after high school if I made it three months without an injury it was a positive.  Don't miss those days.



No comments:

Post a Comment