Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Training April 17th AM


Pretty tired when the alarm went off this morning.  Finished last night's pm around 6, walked home from gym and left to take dogs to woods around 6:30.  Probably should have just stayed in and chilled for the night knowing I was opening the next day, but it's important to me to let those guys run...and I like getting away from town even if it's only a 20 minute walk.
Got to sleep somewhere around 9:30 & up at 4 to coach 5-8.  Had eaten a hard boiled egg & some burger with potatoes around 7a so I didn't do the workout right away.  Mistake on my part, as it ended up being noon before I got it in.  Yes, perhaps I was dragging my feet a bit, as I regularly reminded myself...I love thrusters!! :)


17-Apr
AM
A. Front squat; 3 reps x10; rest 45 seconds @55% 1rm
first three @ 95lbs, last 7 @ 100lbs. 
+
10 min amrap:
10 thrusters 105#
10 CTB chin ups
Run 100m
4 Rnds + 6 thrusters
Rnd 1: 10/10
Rnd 2: 6/4, 10
Rnd 3: 7/3, 10
Rnd 4: 7/3, 6/4
+ 6 thrusters

Had no idea how it would feel and was a bit surprised to do 10 first round as well as to get into 6 & 7s in later rounds.  I feel like i"m in slow motion during the thrusters and well...it kind of looks that way too!  lol  My 100ms runs were definitely slow motion.  Legs felt really heavy there.
No BF C2Bs today...hands are too ripped up & sore.  The BF definitely is more irritating to the skin, as I can avoid the torque on the bar with standard kip, but BF there is quite a bit more rubbing and re-gripping at this point with the skill.
First round took just under 2 minutes so being that I did 10 ub my mind set the goal to get to 4 rounds.  Was about 4:30 after two and then maintained pretty well.  Admit that I didn't get stoked when I realized I was going to definitely get in 4 rounds...should have attacked more and I definitely could have gotten back to pull-ups.   With all systems firing 5 rounds should be possible here, but there was good learning so far today.
Nap time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment