Saturday, April 20, 2013

Friday April 19th . C&J heavy single

18-Apr
Sleep not ideal.  Energy felt good throughout day until I got back from the evening hike (~an hour easy) & grocery shopping and felt really fatigued and throat was sore. 
Had a little fun starting to navigate over stuff on hands during the day.  

19-Apr
A. Build to a 1rm clean and jerk
First started this around 9a and built to 153lbs with power cleans.  Missed the power clean at 158 and felt distracted, as it was busy in the gym.  Plus I had no pop.  Had a sore throat the evening before and hadn't slept well in two nights so I took two Nyquil and felt the haze Friday morning & I can't lie...I was frustrated at this.  I realized while hiking w/ Corey in the evening that when I see build to a 1rm...my mind reads...new 1RM.  So when I don't get a new record I feel like a failure.  I have the habit to be very black & white here.  Not sure if it's a female thing or just immaturity.  Reading Mastery  & just as a coach I know all the different factors and how I need to just accept each day for what it is, but yeah....no buts.  :) 
Had MT at 10a and then cam back to it at 11a
The 2nd time I decided to squat instead of power clean which worked out much better. 
Build to 168lbs without any misses.  Then I missed the jerk here twice.  Called it after the second.  Had to work really hard to stand up the squat and I was done.  Also quite hungry by this point. 
Videos don't always stay embedded so here are some links. 158, 163, 168F1, 168F2. 


+
6 min amrap:
6 front squat @70% 1rm
6 box jumps 24"
 6+1 with 123lbs. This got tough quick! 

ub ~33s
ub ~1:30
4/2 ~2:35
4/2 ~3:47
4/2 ~4:55
2/4 ~5:55
+1


Ran back to gym at 4:30 to do this last part. 
+
Run 200m @90%  Ran 200m out-2 90 deg turns and people to navigate on sidewalks.  Only a couple near collisions-specifically with a lady carrying her kid coming around the corner & going into the tattoo parlor.   I'm pretty sure they thought I was nuts flying by them on sidewalk from different directions every few minutes.  
rest 1 min
x12
47
45
44
42
43
41
41
42
41
42
42
41
The 1 minute recovery was great.  No problem being ready to go again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment