Friday, June 28, 2013

More Testers: Helen, 10 min FY, 3RFT 25,25 KB/burpee,


This is the first week our other owner of CFA, Randy, is gone for training to prep for deployment.  So I'm covering extra shifts, putting in extra time to train coaches, implementing some online scheduling for the Clinic and well, spending more time at the gym and having less time at home to chill and sleep.  I've been loving my time at the gym.  The energy is fun and well, it never really feels like "work" but I personally feel a bit out of balance when I'm not home from the gym until 7:30 or later and trying to eat and get to bed by 8:30 to prep for the next day.  So, I'm putting things in place to be able to more successfully step away a bit more often later to set myself up for success long term.  
23rd  Tuesday the 26th ...I think I posted this as a rest day in my previous post?  Opps. 
PM
3 rds for time:
400 m run
21 kbs 1pd
12 chin ups




Helen!  I do enjoy this workout, but I get nervous b/c I know it's a benchmark.  Did this one at 6p after opening in the morning & hitting a 20 minute afternoon snooze.  Did this in 8:22 last May in the old space so new run course and indoor transition area, but a touch slower this time in 8:28.  Everything UB and my pull-ups felt smoother.  I felt consistent on the runs, but never took all the splits down.  Want to get some pull-up bars in the exterior garage doors to save transitions.  :)  But it's a comparable time nonetheless and I"m probably about 5lbs  or so heavier??  Weighed in at 124lbs Sunday morning at the hotel so consistent from 125lbs in May of this year.  A new PR would have been nice, but pleased with the consistency nonetheless. 




24th off  Wednesday the 26th: Off No hikes just too much computer time.
Had some great manual therapy today and Corey really got into some nasty stuff in my quad on the right where my hip was bothering me.  Thankfully I think I'll make it a few more days.  :)  I tend to take on the habit of worrying...it's a trait I've learned from both my grandmother & mother.  I think I'm better at keeping perspective, BUT it's in me.  Particularly in the middle of the night when I wake up and have an achey hip and get up to pee and it feels weak to stand on.  I lay there wondering what I'll do myself if I lose my ability to train.  I mean I know I'll find something productive, but well, training is my top value at this point in my life.  And I'm having fun with it.  :)  I ended up being awake from just before 1 until a bit after 2:30 and then fell asleep again until 4.  Thankfully, I slept better Wednesday night.  

25th 6/27
AM
AD max cals in 10 min
The screen shut done to this "Honn Club" visual with literally less than 30s to go.  One of my coaches was working at a similar effort beside me, and so I finished out the session going off his clock, but I'm without any final data.  :(  I know I was not on pace to break the 190 cals I did the Monday of Regionals.  This is what I could recall after the fact: 
Minute 1: 21
Minute 2: 40
Minute 3: 59
Minute 5: 89-91
7:30: 135 
9:00 ~ 160+...I was picking up speed again into the finish and remember feeling confident that I was going to hit 175 and possible get over 180 if I dug.  
I was confused by why I was doing this again so soon, but Coach replied, "Pre-regionals is not the same as post-regionals"  well, that was for sure.  I wasn't nearly as there mentally to dig and fell off quite a bit from minute 3-7 but then found more as I headed towards the finish. 

PM  I regret to say that I completely did not check my email with programming today, as I remembered the testers with AD and the kb/burpee BUT I completely didn't recall the CGBP until well, just now on Friday afternoon...will knock it out tomorrow morning unless I hear otherwise.  Maybe with the 77% 20 rep snatch tester too.  :) 
A. CGBP - build to a 1RM
+
3 rds for time:
25 kbs 1.5 pd
25 burpees
First time doing this one, but I've seen it done several times.  Was definitely pretty moody by Thursday PM.  I have spent less than 90 minutes in the woods with my muts all week and I feel badly for my pups.  They are far from neglected, but I'm an optimizer!!  :) I'm also generally tired and well...so it will not go on forever.
Paced the first two rounds of burpees and the goal the whole time was to do the swings UB.  Then dug in on my last set of burpees.  At first I was just going to do 5 faster at a time and then I got to 5 and decided that I should just finish the damn thing so I kept my head down and worked.  :) Corey had down it earlier in the day as he is headed to a comp in a couple weeks that has this as the first event.  He wouldn't tell me his time beforehand, as he knows I'll pace to beat it, but I got him in the end without knowing.  7:53 vs 8:11.  I thought he beat me, and had a smile on my face nonetheless, but was glad to hear that I beat him after all. We're not competitive at all around here. :)

I copied Amber's morning outfit and then she showed up to train int he evening.  we rocked it out as gym twinkies...I'll make sure I add my white and pink striped socks next time!  :)
June 2013
Flash from the past... :)
September 2011


1 comment: