Tuesday, June 25, 2013

6/19/13 & 6/20/13 CP Battery Test & 2k Row


19th:
PC - build to a 1Rm in 8 min
170lbs. Missed twice at 165lbs so that messed up my timing a bit.  Had time for one chance at 170 and got it.  This was the same as my max at the OPT Athlete Camp  last September.  I have since power cleaned 185lbs in competition in May, but have not exceed 170 in training.  My right hip was a bit bothersome as I would receive the load so my body may have been guarding.  I was hesitant going into the 8 min test, but didn't notice anything throughout. 

rest 2 min
PC - 90% amrap in 8 min
While I was a bit bummed to not improve on my single from last fall, I was excited to compare the same load for reps in 8 minutes.  Result: 12 reps more...50 reps!    
Felt solid & in control the whole time. Midback became fatigued near the end and Dale kept having to remind me to set my back before the pull. 



20th:
Row 2K time trial
This was a long day.  Was at the gym early to coach, then had a mid-day filming promotion for a fundraiser I'm organizing for July 20th, "Exercise to Save Lives"....if you live in Asheville you should definitely come!  It supports the local ISR program.  :)  We did a test run of the events with some kiddos who were all great and fun to work with, but they definitely take the energy out of me.  In the evening I worked with a new client and by the time I knew it, it was 7pm and I was alone in the gym.  I knew I was ready to pull a PR as my old one was around 8:20 so I focused on that.  Nothing out of this world, but a 4s or so improvement down to 8:16.4.  I'll take it.  






21st off - go from here

No comments:

Post a Comment