Friday, June 28, 2013

Training 6/22-6/26 and 60kg Snatch PR!


22nd
Traveled 4 hours to Raleigh for competition.  I hit up CF Invoke to get in some snatch work with the small but mighty Christmas Abbott.   She and I have similar C&J maxes, but she kicks my ass in the snatch with well over 70kg, as you can imagine some great technique!  I'm always thankful to receive coaching especially from a new perspective.  As coaches & athletes we all always have little nuances that we focus on & many differ from person to person.  Well, the little things make a difference and I always find more adrenaline to knock out some lifts in a new environment under the eye of an inspiring lady! 
AM
A. Snatch - build to a max  We did several lifts between 65 & 85lbs to work on some various areas...main one being to drop under faster and drop down vs riding the lift down.  After that I started moving up and it went something like...93/103F/113/123/128/133 FFFF...138F, F...back down to 133F, F...after the 138 I told myself only 3 more attempts at 133, and on the 3rd I finally wrapped my mind around it.  I literally had to say over and over in my mind as I approached the bar and set up, "You can, you can, you can, you can...!!!" and just like that I did.  :) 


rest as needed
B. 77% of part A - 20 reps for time  My right hip was bugging me more than ever after the car ride and sleeping on that side at the hotel the night before.  I was feeling it when I would pull off the ground and while it didn't seem to limit me I was nervous about doing a bunch of reps under fatigue.  I'm sure I would have been fine, but wanted to be conservative as it was the most I had felt it during training.  
rest as needed
C. 50 strict HSPU for time  Funny I remembered my time from this previously being 10-12 minutes so I thought 7:30 was an improvement.  But then I found a time last fall/winter when I had done them in 7:22.  I started with a higher set this time and ended up on singles MUCh faster.



We stayed Saturday night in Raleigh to watch a couple of our teams compete on Sunday.  I thought about doing it on the rowers that were around the gym, but to be honest one of my faults is getting caught up on what others will think and I just didn't want to be "that girl" who was at the competition to spectate, but had to knock out my 60 minute row test in the middle of it.  Some just may see it as me being dedicated, but as a previous exercise-addict I just don't want to be perceived as obsessive about my training.  I'd rather chill at the comp and get my training in at other gyms when possible.  
I was planning to do it Sunday PM when we made it home, but it was 7PM when that happened and I needed to be up early so I opted for a good night of sleep and to do it in the morning.  

PM 
Monday 25th AM
row 60 min for max meters'


I spent a portion of Saturday afternoon texting Meghan & Dunsmore as I knew they had both done this in the past and I wanted something to shoot for.  Meghan had just over 13.100ish and Dunsey 13,600ish.  I felt like it would be doable and was kind of looking forward to it.  Corey advised that I stand up every 10 minutes and do some brief back extensions to avoid "creep".  I did so every 10 minute for the first 40 and then grew too irritated at how much I would lose on my overall average for getting off for ~20 seconds.  Everytime my average would drop a bit and then I would spend the next 10 minutes trying to get back to where I was, but each time I kept getting a little slower.  
Aerobically it was no big deal.  I could have done it for 2 hours, but man, my ass was so uncomfortable.  From about 6 minutes in my butt hurt....I was using all kinds of funky technique to shift my weight from cheek to cheek.  Dale referred to it as "pistol rowing" and I kind of felt like a kid pretending to be an airplane soaring through the sky.  :) 
Was about 500m off Meghan's score and after she had said to me, "you can do better than me for sure" when we chatted well, I had set that expectation for myself and then felt a bit irritated the rest of the day.  It's been a long time since I felt irritated following a workout.  BUT that is what happens when I get hung up on comparing myself to others and not simply focusing on doing what I CAN do in that moment on that day.  :) 

I drove the whole way back Sunday PM and my hip was far less irritated than after I was the passenger the whole trip down on Friday.  Still bugging me more than I would like.  Particularly bothersome upon getting up from seated positions. And when I get up from sleeping it feels weak initially and then over time I don't notice it.  
Missed my MT session this morning too, as I didn't finish up with my client in time to get in the hour row and make the session before coaching the group classes.  

Tuesday 6/26 -Rest Day
Brief 40 minute hike with dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment