Sunday, October 28, 2012

10/27/12 Halloween Throwdown

Sleep ~9:30-5a. Woke up several times in the night. HRV was 108 this morning.  I took that as a sign that my body was eager to knock out today's workouts.

Woke up hungry so had 20gP/20gC shake when I got to the gym @ 7am.  Forgot to take BCAAs this morning before the workouts.

Perhaps the shake was a bit too much, as then I felt full & started procrastinating about when to get going...once you start there is a time period within which you have to finish & particularly for the 2nd workout I wanted an empty stomach.   Corey did a good job of switching me into gear with a simple, "just pick up the bar & start lifting".   He is getting much better at knowing when to give me a hug & when to just encourage me to get to work.  :)

Event #1: 3 rep hang snatch 63lbs, 83lbs, 93, 98, 104, 109 F on 2nd rep, 109, 113, 114, 118, 121, 123 F on 2nd rep & called it. Whew! When I failed on the 2nd rep @ 109 the first time I threw it behind me so I knew I had it.  However, I certainly didn't expect to go much above it.  My old hang snatch 1RM was 113lbs so I surprised myself today. 





Rest 10 minutes

Event #2: 30 thrusters @ 65#, 400m row for time. 2:41  UB thrusters in ~56s then to the rower.  I could have transitioned more aggressively.  I went ~95% effort on the row.  I forgot to go back & check my row time, but pace was b/w 1:52-1:54 for majority of it.  






Rest 20 minutes

Event #3
5 RFT: 9 wall facing burpees to 6" reach, 12 power cleans @ 65lbs, 15 wall balls 14#/9'
Just took a constant movement, everything UB, steady pace approach.  Opted to step up & down for all the burpees as the wall facing was awkward & didn't feel like I gained much from jumping. 
Felt a bit woozy on my 2nd round during the burpees, but then I got my bearings & was feeling great in the 4th & 5th rounds.  I felt like I could have maintained that output for 10+ once I found my groove.  My goal was sub 10 & I was admittedly checking in with the clock at the end of each round to see if I was on pace.  
Pace per round was approximately: 
1 1:46, 2 2:05 (the round I felt most off), 3 1:55, 4 1:51, 5 1:45. Overall time was 9:25.  



Had a couple hours of coaching after these events & then Corey & I went for a big feeding at a local BBQ joint & walked the dogs for an hour at Bent Creek.  No Z1 running today!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment