Monday, November 5, 2012

11/3/12 20 min AMRAP w/heavy for me thrusters

Sleep 9:30-5:30. Up @ midnight & again at 4am with sick dog. HRV 88/green
Didn't eat enough yesterday & feeling it a bit today.  Never finished my lunch before taking Corey to the airport & then hiked an hour with dogs, came home to chill out for a bit & went to the track @ 5:30p.  Got some sweet potato chips with loaded w/ brisket & cheese from local BBQ joint to try & get some cals in soon after track work.  About half the portion filled me up & I wasn't hungry for anything else being that it was already 730p.  Hit some ice cream just before bed in attempt for some extra cals, but didn't even really want it.   First day I didn't log food in awhile so I don't exactly know how off I was, but feel pretty certain protein was definitely low.


7am
A. Snatch: Build to a max - misses allowed.
Was excited goign into this, but it wasn't my day with snatching.  
63/83/103-perhaps too big of a jump here as this was tough. so did it again 103. 108F, 108. 113F, 113F, 113F.  I typically never keep goign after 3 misses, but I just couldn't end on this note so I gave myself one more go at 113.  made it, but it didn't feel great so that was it. 




B. Push-press. 3-3-3. Rest 3 minutes
75x5, 95x5. Then 105x3, 115x3, 120x3. Not feeling hot here either. 

C. AMRAP 20 mintes of:
20 thrusters @ 95lbs
20 pullups
20 burpees.

Was a fight to stay positive after how I felt in A & B.  Also, went at it solo as I lost my training partner, Kate, who is in town for a long weekend.  I had no idea how the thrusters were going to feel after how off the snatch/push-press felt.  I way under shot myself with the goal of 3 rounds based upon scores I knew from some top people & how I was feeling.   I had two done at halfway & felt pretty good, but didn't get myself excited for the second half of the workout.  Probably the first time in awhile that I felt myself move through half-heartedly.  It was good learning nonetheless...in that I need to stop underestimating myself.  
Rnd 1: Thrusters 12/2(came off heels), 2, 4
            Pull-ups:UB
            Burpees slow & steady....afraid to get too winded to not be able to do thrusters
Rnd 2: Thrusters 7, 6, 7 well, look at that! 
            Pull-ups 12/8
            Burpees: same as above
Rnd 3: Thrusters 5, 5, 5, 5
            Pull-ups, 10ish/6, 4? 
            Burpees: same as above
Rnd 4: Thrusters 5, 5, 5, 5. Finished 4th set of 5 with about 45s left. 
            Pull-ups 16, 4 
            2 Burpees in final 7s
Overall 3 Rnds + 42 reps.  DEFINITELY have 4 + in me.  Breathing was overall fine.  Just need more confidence with high rep heavy thrusters.  This should have hurt way more than it did.  


Feeling guilty about my poor output on thrusters & overall good energy.  Plus I have not been doing anything extra in warm-ups for skill work so I did some wall ball & MU practice as written below:

Rest 3.5 hours then

3 sets:
20 UB @ 14lbs/10' 44s/41s/41s
Rest 1 min
10 UB @ 16lbs/10' 22s/22/22
Rest 1 min
5 UB @ 20lbs/10' 13s/11s/10s
Rest 3 min


During rest complete 8 muscle-ups

Set 1: 3ub/2/2/1 no misses
Set 2: 3/2/2/1 no misses
Set 3: 3/2 no misses. skin on wrists getting soft so called it before I ripped.  

MUs feeling more consistent, but struggling to get back into a rhythm with the kip.  And not bending my arms as I pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment