Wednesday, November 14, 2012

21-15-9 DL/Bx Jump Retester & Track Repeats

Sleep was poor last night.  Lloyd chewed one of his tubes down when I let him be without his cone and so it was a second trip to the vet which involved putting him back under to re-insert his tube.  We were not able to pick him up until 8:30 and Corey & I were both up for the 5am crews.  Needless to say sleep was ~6 hours for past two nights.


9-Nov
Coached 5am-12:30ish then...
12:30p

AM
21-15-9
DL 205#
Box jumps 24"
Yes, we did this one last Friday where I took about 34s off my time from Aug 31st .  Plus the lack of sleep this week and a long morning of coaching had me less than excited for this one or better said less than convinced that I was ready to improve on the week before.  
However, the good thing about having a coach is that sometimes I get the green light to "power through it" and other times I'm told to rest.  It helps me to eliminate my worry & indecisiveness of "is doing this workout a good idea right now?"  and simply "DO"!  
Last week was the first time I went ub for the 21 but then broke for the 15 & 9.  I had mentioned in my post on the workout (prior to knowing I'd have it again one week later) "& I think I can go UB for full deal next time. "  So that became my goal.  Move faster on the down & go ub.  I only caught the first four reps b/f the video stopped.  I also focused better on the box jumps to not rush, but to ensure that I hit the rebound off the floor & not have any misses.  "Patience" was my focus through box jumps then aggressive and determined with the DLs.  
Well, it worked as I took a full 40s off from the week before for a final time of 3:55!  Considering I was hoping for a 10-15s improvement I was pretty stoked!  

While I certainly do not plan to make it a habit of poor sleep and going into workouts tired, it's good for me to have the confidence to know that my body can get the work done as long as I get my mind to stay out of my way! 

5:30PM
Run 200m @90%
Rest 45 seconds
x14
(rest 3 min bw sets 7/8)

1. 47
2 44
3. 42
4. 42 
5. 41
6. 41
7. 42 

180bpm HR ~10s after finishing #7
116bpm HR ~ 15s before beginning #8. The 3 minutes felt long. 
8. 41
9. 40
10. 41
11. 41
12. 41
13. 41
14. 39


Felt great!  LOVING these track workouts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment