Sunday, December 8, 2013

12/6 Box Jump Max & 85% Fun!

Sleep ~8:30/9-5:30/6. Woke up a bit sore this morning.  Guessing mostly from the squat EMOM yesterday.  First time in awhile that I've noticed some soreness. Feels good.  

8AM
row 500m @2:00
rest 2:15
x13
Done.  No warm up other than the walk to the gym.  Had to play musical rowers a few times throughout which probably messed up a few of the rest times by 15-45s but it was due to busy classes and people needing the rowers and/or someone in ID starting to use it when I walked across the room to write the splits on the board. (I ordered two more rowers from Rogue today to have less of this problem in the future!) 
Effort seemed easier than last Friday.  Working on the whole counting backwards thing which does seem better, but I've been counting strokes/reps forward for a year now so it is taking some adjustment. Stroke rate average of 28 consistently through the end.  Didn't lose power and have to increase the S/R much at all this session.  



PM -Noon
Felt stiff going into this session, as I'd been sitting for about an hour doing some programming & emails beforehand.  Did some AD sprints to get the body going.  

A. Box jump - build to a max height
39" -missed 2x and finally stood it up on the 3rd.   Not a PB.  Hit like 41" in competition last December.  Believe it equals my best in training.  




+
For time:10-8-6-4-2
power snatch 85% 1rm -120 is my max power snatch -used 105lbs. 
box jump 90% max height used two of the MD mats which made it ~35.5/36". 
6:06
This was the most fun I've had in a workout in a long time.  After the box jump build up the power snatch felt great.  105 felt like it was flying off the floor.  Contemplated trying some TnGs but didn't do it, as I felt it'd tire me out for the box jumps.  Gotta start following my gut and "trying" those things a bit more in training so that I can learn what I can and cannot do.  Still my habit to be conservative at this point. 



No comments:

Post a Comment