Monday, March 26, 2012

32012 Open Placing


At this point with a day left for any scores to be adjusted I'm sitting at 22nd in the region at the end of the Open.  The goal was to train through and be in the top 60.  Accomplished.  

I learned a good amount about myself with each week.

Placings for each week in the region were:

12.1 AMRAP 7 min of burpees 26th.  First week and I was clueless as to what to expect.  Thought moving at a steady pace was going to become tough and wasn't mentally prepped to push for next gear.

12.2 AMRAP 10 min of snatches: 30 @ 45lbs, 30@ 75lbs, completed 22 @ 100lbs 71st. I was a bit surprised to see that this was my worst finish in the region, as I was most pleased with my performance in this workout.  However, it goes to show that this workout played least to my strengths and the fact that I did have a good showing allowed me to hang in with the larger more strength based athletes.

12.3 AMRAP in 18 min: 15 box jumps, 12 push-press, 9 toes to bar.  66th.  This was the week that I totally fell apart mentally.  Not my worst finish in the Open, but a place where I had the potential to place significantly higher.  I wasn't mentally ready for the "hurt" of this workout and the negative thinking took over.

12.4 AMRAP in 12 min: 150 WBs, 90 DUs, completed 8 muscle-ups. 30th. To do it again I would break up the wall balls differently...resting sooner in the beginning and keeping breaks shorter.  More aggressive through double unders as that clock clicks fast at the end.  My MU technique & efficiency in general needs work.  It will come.

12.5 AMRAP in 7: Fran ladder 19th. This was my best week.  I didn't dig and get after it like I wanted to, but I showed more consistency with getting back to the bar better sticking with it.  Generally, I feel good coming out of the 5 week Open.  Like I said week 3 was definitely the toughest for me, but it's good for me to go through that now and learn from it for positive experiences when it counts!

Will be competing in the Optathlon 2.0 in Chicago April 22nd. Looking forward to have this competition as a refresher prior to my regionals just under two weeks after.
Then traveling to West Palm Beach to watch the SouthEast Regionals and support Kate Carson and other Big Dawgs April 27/28th. Plus my mom lives there so I'm going to make it a low key event with some beach time.
Then the next weekend it will be my turn as I'll be at the MidAtlantic Regional doing all I can do be in the hunt on Sunday!

Onward!

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed by you, Shanna! You totally rocked and are going to take regionals by storm, I have no doubt! :)

    ReplyDelete