Monday, March 12, 2012

3/9/12 12.3 and 2k row

Sleep 7p-4a  Sleeping well these days.  Falling asleep with ease which is nice.



Originally warmed up at 5:30am and then that didn't work out with coaches to count and other clients going and I was happy to bow out.  I hadn't done any visualization for this one as I did for the first two weeks so I took 18 minutes during the 7am hour to lay flat on my back in the office.  I felt ready to go at 8 and warmed up with the class.  However, about 5 minutes in I realized that I had greatly under-estimated the hurt that this workout was going to bring.  I was ahead of my goal pace the first two rounds and fell off on the third round and during the box jumps of the fourth I cracked.  I stood at the bar for about 15/20 seconds after the box jumps and then said, "forget this I'll do it later".  One of the problems for someone who has years of bad habits as a procrastinator and a workout that you have this open window of time to complete.  But then I remembered I had other training to do later in the day and wasn't going to want to do this workout any more then than I did at that moment.  So I went back to the bar and finished the workout.  My mind wasn't happy about it and I didn't reach my goal, but it's done and I've learned.

What have I learned?  Primarily to have a better understanding of what a workout is going to feel like and not be afraid to dig in and embrace the hurt if you will.  Lots of CFers out there like to talk about how horrible and hard various workouts are.  I've avoided those workouts and or approached them in a less aggressive way in order to avoid the "pain cave" if you will.  So this time I finally went out aggressively and quickly found out what happens when I don't get my mind right to deal with the discomfort.  One day...

8am
Open 12.3
AMRAP in 18 minutes of:
15 box jumps (20")
12 push-press (75lbs)
9 toes to bar

Rnd 1 ub 1:12
Rnd 2 ub 1:19 (2:31)
Rnd 3 9/3 6/3 1:53 (4:24)    
Rnd 4 UB w/36s mental breakdown 2:03 (6:27)
Rnd 5 8/4 6/3 2:14 (8:41)
Rnd 6 9/3 6/3 2:08 (10:49)
Rnd 7 12 6/3 2:14 (13:03)
Rnd 8 8/4 6/3 2:20 (15:23)
Rnd 9 8/4  ?   1:54 (17:17)
15 box jumps and 5 push-press 



If you know me at all you will know that I was not excited to do this 2k.  I felt horrible after the first workout, as I was quite disappointed in myself and felt like I was on the verge of tears all day.  I'm usually more composed, but sometimes
1pm
Row 2K and Max DU's in 10 min - 2 scores
8:24, 95 DUs

Have not rowed a 2k since Regionals 2009 where I rowed 8:27.  Today my goal was primarily to better that and secondarily 8:20.  Was on pace until the final 500m.  I didn't know how much I should push to get off and do double unders.  I could have pushed harder and been fine.  Always learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment