Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3/2/12 Open 12.2 Blood, Sweat...No Tears!

Sleep 7p-4a feeling good

5:30am:
I got off to a rough start this morning when I totally bit it on my warm-up by tripping over a speed bump.  I was jogging along (obviously NOT picking up my feet) and suddenly I was sprawled out on the ground.  I ripped through two layers of pants and skinned my knee, elbow & thankfully there wasn't much gravel for my palms to eat.  It more freaked me out/woke me up than anything else.

I had ripped my hand on the 2nd round of Wednesday's snatches.  So I taped my hand from the start and had already started to bleed through the tape by the end of the warm up.  I narrowed my grip for the 45 & 75 and by the time I got to 100lbs my hand was the last thing on my mind.

Open 12.2
In 10 minutes complete as much of the following sequence as possible:
30 snatches @ 45lbs
30 snatches @ 75lbs
30 snatches @ 100lbs
30 snatches @ 120lbs
Completed 22 reps of the 100lbs.  Had 1 miss with 20s to go and then hit 2 in final 10s.  Felt good.  My goal was 90, but I knew that was a bit ambitious.  I like to dream.  In time...
Here is the video.   My phone isn't good at uploading more than 60s at a time so parts are edited. 



Felt good soon after.  It was a fine balance to push my limits and having the confidence that I could hit the lift.  


2PM: Quite tired by this point.  Didn't even make it to the shower since my first workout.  Busy morning coaching. 



for time - fast and unbroken @ 100%:
10 toes to bar
20 wall balls
20 double unders
8 toes to bar
16 wall balls
20 double unders
6 toes to bar
12 wall balls
20 double unders
4 toes to bar
8 wall balls
20 double unders
2 toes to bar
4 wall balls
20 double unders
5:36 overall.  T2B & WB UB...DU sucked.  Starting to question my decision to change ropes.  Still have time to work out the kinks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment