Monday, July 2, 2012

120701 "Death By Burpees" on Max Patch

Sleep 7p-4:30a woke without an alarm.  Slept like a rock.  Immediately thought about today's burpees upon waking.  You could say that I was a bit nervous belly for the burpees.

Did some housework/computer work throughout the morning & headed to the mountain around 10:30...too late.

Lloyd is going to miss the view too! 
We got to the parking area around 11:15 & when I got out of the car I was hit with the heat of the sun.  I was planning on hiking for about 40 minutes and doing the burpees on the far side of the mountain.  About 20 minutes into the hike when we came upon the first crest of the bald Corey asks, "When are you planning on doing this workout?"  I replied a bit negative about waiting til the other side....or later when we get home...it's getting hot!

He encouraged me to just do them where we were at that point in time..."you'll warm as you go along so let's just do it.  I'll time you."  So I did it on a single track grassy lane on the side of Max Patch in full sun.  We only had two hikers come upon us one time around the 15 minute mark.  They waited for me to finish the next round of 16 & then passed by with their two little dogs on leash.  What they must have been thinking to themselves.

I thought about pacing early on, but felt like I would have a difficult times switching gears when I started to fatigue.  So rather than AFAP each set I moved at about 85-90% full speed.  Corey said I was averaging ~2.5s per burpee early on.

Had less than 15s after 16 and it got tough when I made it through the round of 17 with 6s left.  Went into the round of 18 & after I did 17 Corey said, "Done"....there was confusion over what round I was on.  I looked at him & said, "one more right?? isn't this 18??"  There was 5s left when I stopped the 17 so I could have finished but with the miscommunication I got frustrated & stopped as time was ticking well into the next round.
PM snack: brie, avocado, black garlic, yellow pepper, tomatoes, artichokes, cheese w/caraway seeds, EVOO. 

I was immediately pissed off upon finishing as I felt I had given up early & jumped on Corey's miscue as a reason to stop.  He was like, "I don't' want you to be in a bad mood all day."  So I said, let me just do a set of 20 for time.  This was probably ~90s after finishing the round of 18.  I told him to have me do it in under a minute....he was telling me to go faster and started counting down with 5s to go.  Only to find out that he was pushing me for 20 in 50s.  Good, done and onward.

Next time it will be my goal to get through the round of 20 & I'll avoid waiting til the middle part of the day in full sun.

We had a great rest of the day with about another 40-60 minutes of hiking and some chill time at home.  Spent some time on the couch watching a few episodes from Season 1 of The Office.   On Friday we're moving back to town!


Dinner:GF steak, bacon, squash, zuchinni, goat chz, many greens, cashews, 1/2 persimmon, EVOO.
In bed by 6:30pm again...going to start the week with good sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment