Monday, July 23, 2012

July 18, 2012 Back to the Prowler!

Scheduled myself & Corey off from the gym-in a work sense- today knowing that we'd be getting back late & a bit messed up from the transition back to the east coast time.

Once I woke up & got moving I decided to go to the coffeeshop & knock out a bunch of programming & email catch up for work.  I was in a groove & spent about 6 hours there before heading home for a bit & then to the gym in the early evening for training.

Training ~ 5pm
A. Prowler push 20s @ 100% (90lbs total) Rest 2:40 x 4- guesstimated weight on prowler & added 30kg/66lbs total. Felt much faster than previous prowler efforts! Covered ~40-50m with each effort.

B. 5 TnG Power clean+ 30s max rep No PUSH-UP burpee box jumps (20") Rest 3:30 x 4
So, I didn't exactly understand the "no push-up" portion.  I translated it as-just drop to the floor vs lowering yourself down.  Two days later I was reviewing the video & said to Corey-"Do you think I was I just supposed to a plank burpee & not go into a push-up?" -He confirms....but didn't say anything to me before this point.  I asked him why & he said...well, you had already done the workout.  BUT I have it the next two weeks as well.  So, I'll get it right next time! 
1. 125lbs for all PC sets-not feeling super crisp, 10 reps
2. 125lbs, 11 reps
3. 125lbs, 10 reps
4. 125lbs, 10.5 :) (Video)

C. 4 x 100m sprint @ 97%. Rest 2:30 x 4
Ran 100m straight away behind gym. Felt horribly uncoordinated in trying to run fast. 
17, 15, 15, 16


No comments:

Post a Comment