Tuesday, July 3, 2012

120702 Monday Skills

Sleep 7p-4a felt good

Working more this week with two coaches away.  Coached 6:30a-8a, a couple hours of computer work (some of which involved updating this blog) back to coach 10:30-12ish.  An hour of skill work then ran around for an hr for CF Kids at the JCC camp from 2-3.  Lots of variations of tag is what they love most & if we don't do what they love to do they stand there and stare at me whereas adults typically follow along & complain later.  haha
Steak, zuchini, cherries, several greens, goat chz, avocado, EVOO

It hasn't been working out for me to do skill work on Sunday PM.  But Monday morning is working well.  This may be the week that I switch to Thursday afternoon to do it while Becca & Amber are back in the gym for "SHE" part two on Thursdays.  Or it may be two weeks from now when we're living in town & I'm home from Cali.

Skill work involved:

~10 minutes of bounding double & single leg into some triple jump practice for about 5 attempts.  I haven't been motivated to work on any kind of running/jumping mechanics much at all since the April Opthalon.  I start to work on it a bit in warm-ups and just don't feel any "pop" in my legs & usually then stop.  Probably all the more reason to work on it.
Then:

Muscle-ups: 2, 1s, 2, 2, 2, 1s (s=strict) 10
HSPU all strict: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5: 30
Wall ball all to 10': 14lbs: 20, 21, 21. 20lbs: 10UB!, 10(dropped a few to ground b/w reps), 5, 5, 5, 5. (62@14#, 40 @ 20#) Overall WBs are feeling much improved!
L-hang from bar (decided I was doing enough pushing): 30s, 20s, 20s, 20s: 90s total
HS walk: 12', 22', 20', 25', 13', 8': 100' total
GHD sit-ups: 15, 15, 15, 10, 5: 60 total
Back extensions: 20, 20, 20: 60 total Going from GHDs to BE was no problem, but on last set did BE then into the GHDs & my T/L junction felt pretty tight on the transition.  I got off after 10 & came back for the final 5 later.
Strict C2B pull-ups; 5.  Was going to do more, but have C2Bs tomorrow & my hands are sore from teaching a kipping clinic on Saturday.

Took me ~65minute total with plenty of chatting here & there.

No comments:

Post a Comment