Friday, February 24, 2012

Rest Day 2/23/12

Sleep: In bed again soon after 7 and once again I'm strugglign to fall asleep.  I got one of those sleep machines yesterday, but didn't seem to help.  Still having random music stuck in my bed.

Feeling run down during the day today and Wednesday evening Corey and I were both feeling off.  We also didn't leave the gym Wednesday until after 5:30p when we arrived at 5:30am.  We typically do not have days that long, but he had a late assessment.  Second night this week I had to be in bed less than an hour after arriving home with the need to prepare and eat dinner in that time.  I literally ate dinner in bed.  Not ideal.

On a positive note, I left the gym during the late morning and took the dogs to the trails we used to live near at Warren Wilson College.  We were out there an hour in total and 20 minutes of that I spent flat on my back on this mild mud and rocks you see in the photo.  It worked out well as the dogs entertained themselves in the stream.   A good amount of that time was spent visualizing myself knocking out some burpees in a quick, relaxed fashion.  I'm knocking out the first workout of the 2012 CF Open tomorrow early morning!

I don't feel nervous surrounding the Open...last year I was definitely nervous about qualifying to Regionals.  However, I'm interested to see if my sleep improves once I get the first one out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment