Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Training 2/21/12 Thruster 5 rep PR!

Sleep Ugh. For the 2nd night in a row I was in bed before 7pm and unable to fall asleep until close to 10pm.  I was pretty chill about it Sunday night as I had just arrived home from vacation/grocery store less than 1 hr before climbing into bed.  Last night was a bit more frustrating.  I ended up taking a tylenol pm both nights after 2 hrs of reading by candlelight and then being unable to quiet the mind.  I don't feel nervous for sectionals to start, but I have had random songs stuck in my head.  I think I'm going to get one of those sleep machines.  I need to find one with Jamaican frogs at night.  I slept like a rock every night when I was there and fell asleep easily.

Training @ 8am
A. Clean and Jerk - 1.1.1.1 x 4; rest 2 min - 10 sec b/t reps - power clean
125lbs, 135lbs, 140lbs, 145lbs.  Struggled a bit with focus here in that I had to put forth significant effort to keep my focus.  I found myself contemplating what weight I was going to use for the next set when I was mid-lift.  I also didn't feel as solid with my breath particularly going into the overhead.  I just didn't feel like I could take a big strong breath.  Perhaps that is due from not lifting heavy for 10 days.  Despite all that I hit the lifts solid and afterwards said to Corey, "i could have done 150lbs".  He replied, "That's good training."  :) 


+
4 sets:
5 tough thrusters from ground
5 heavy swings
5 burpee jumping chin ups
 rest 5 min



Set 1: 105lbs, 62lbs, 50s
Set 2: 110lbs, 62lbs, 50s
Set 3: 115lbs 62lbs, 51s
Set 4 120lbs 62lbs, 51s 


120lbs is a new PR for a 5 rep or any multi-rep thruster for that matter.  My single is 130lbs at present so I was pretty happy to feel so smooth with 120lbs.  Particularly after I got eaten up by 115lbs last time I did thrusters.  However, that was under significant fatigue with 5 reps EMOM for 7 minutes starting at 85lbs vs here I had 5 minutes of rest b/w sets.  
I stuck with 62lbs for the KBS as I know I can swing the 72 and I wanted today's focus to be on the thrusters.  Focused on breathing during the thrusters and also good to practice keeping focus when feeling tired.  Afterall, I may have to compete on less than ideal sleep, but...hopefully not.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment