Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Training from Friday 2/10/12 Double Day

Just realized that this post never got published!


Sleep 730p-4a

Got up at my regular time but rushed out of the house to get to the AVL Mall by 5:15 for some news coverage for this Sunday's HeartStrings fundraiser.  Just before we went live I asked, "So are we looking at the camera?"  "No!  Don't look at the camera." (Good thing I asked.)  The newslady did a couple burpees with me and then forgot to pick up her microphone off the floor.  Oops.

5:45am Had drink with 1/2 scoop ReFuel.

Today's training:

615 AM.  Started warming up and started my workout with the 6am class started theirs around 6:50.  Did a few sets of squat cleans in 20s at 75lbs, 95lbs and 2 at 105lbs.  Was hitting 6 reps at what felt like a relaxed pace.  As such I felt like I'd be able to get in 15 or so the first minute and then pace from there.  i was anticipating a time around 5 minutes.  Well, for the 2nd time this wk I over-estimated and was 26 reps in at the 4 minutes mark.  I did a good job of keeping my head in it and just kept working.  I didn't get all angry at myself like I did on Wednesday. 


50 squat clean for time - 105#
(from the start as well as on the top of every minute perform 3 HSPU)
HSPUs were not a problem.  I did the first 3 strict & then immediately went to a kip more or less b/c I'm more comfortable kipping.  Here was the breakdown of reps/min. 
Min1: 10 (6/4)
Mn 2: 6 (2/2/2)
Min 3: 4 (all singles from here forward) 
Min 4: 6
Min 5: 4
Min 6: 5
Min 7: 5
Min 8: 5
Min 9: 5
8:58 overall 
The first 2 minutes: 

The 3rd minute when I had to fight mentally to quiet my stingy voice of "you're not cut out for this" type of talk which always requires an adjustment of the weights & clips even if they don't specifically need it. haha



12:45 PM: Airdyne max cals in 8 min
I drank some more ReFuel & Protein shortly after finishing and ate real food: steak/beets/salad about 90 minutes later.  I was feeling drained throughout the morning.  I went to the store and got more food: greens/eggs & a decaf, but didn't really help.  I was also freezing much of the morning and when I got on the AirDyne I was still shivering as I had been much of the morning.  
Super quick warm up for the AD.  Two sets of 20s bursts at about 70% effort.  Was NOT excited about this except to get it over with.  This is the first time I've spent more than 1 minute on this bike for any reason.  I had no idea what to expect.  Much appreciation to Dale for getting me focused early on when I was wavering during the 3rd minute, "Set a pace and stick to it like you're good at."  That helped A LOT as i shut out all the negativity running through my head and simply worked.   And to Becca for staying over my shoulder and keeping me going & noting my cals at the end of each minute.  Here was the breakdown: 
22
39 (17)
54 (15)
70 (16)
86 (16)
103 (17)
119 (16)
139 (20)

No comments:

Post a Comment