Thursday, February 9, 2012

Training 2/8/12 Isabel + Burpees

Sleep 7:30-4

Today was an example of planning gone wrong.  It was the first day that I experimented with refuel pre-wod.  Took it at 6:45a only for the gym to get hit with a large 7a class.  I got in some snatching and built to 108 as I woke up feeling quite sore in the mid-back from Tuesday's FS/KBS.  It felt terribly hard to engage and hold the bar close.  So I thought that doing a few reps above the workout weight would at least help my mind.  I was without coaching help on the floor b/w 8:30 & 10:30 so the refuel was a waste.  I was pretty hungry by 10:15 so I gave it another go.

Training @ 7am
Snatch to 108lbs looked something like this: 63/83/93/98F/98/103F/103/108F/108

Training @ 10:45a.  Warmed back up to 93 & got started.
3 rds for time:
10 Power Snatch - 95# (technically 93 - ladies bar) 
10 burpees
7:36
(rest 25 min)
I was too timid from the start and it was my slowest round.  If anything this workout was good for building some confidence.  Next time I need to go for it more from the start.  I didn't even attempt any TnG until the start of Rnd 3.  And then I gave up on it after a set of 3 & 2. (4 min mark of vid below) I was fine to continue, but didn't-  I worry about missing reps too much & am working on gaining more confidence in my power.  
Speaking of power when I saw this workout I thought, "There is no way I'm going to get 30 power snatches at 95".  100lbs is my power snatch single as recent as November.  But I hit probably 28/30 without dropping into a squat.  I shocked myself there.  
Done again I think I could go sub 6 on this.  



as many rounds in 3 min:
7 G2O - 95#
15 double unders
More lessons to be learned here.  One-25 minutes is NOT enough time to sell a couple tshirts, write a workout for a client and get my head square before the start of this workout.  I had less than a minute before I had to start and I had just been standing around.  So I did a couple reps & it felt quite heavy.  
Not to mention I had a ridiculous "game plan".  I thought to myself when I looked at it...I should be able to go 30s/rnd for 6 rnds.  LOL  
I missed a video,  but was 27s in by the time I was picking up my rope after the first 7 TnG.  And my overhead was NOT crisp.  Finished the first rnd in about 43s and I had no game plan from there.  It was negativity the rest of the way.  Completely gave up on the TnG and instead was following the bar around the gym.  Finished 2nd round right around 1:45 and going into the third round I started having the following thoughts as I trudged through the 7 reps

  • This is Grace weight.  How was I thinking 6 rnds? 
  • My Grace is 3:03
  • How many rounds SHOULD I get?
  • Man, I'm sucking right now.
  • I'm definitely going to get 3.
  • 7x3 is 21 reps.  That's not even close to a Grace. 
  •  Man, I should have worked for 4+
  • That Grace time is from over 18 mo ago
  • How much time is left? 
  • Ok, finish the DUs & get back to the bar. 
End result: 3+2 C&J 
This is what happens to me when I don't set my intentions and go in without a plan...or realistic back up plan.  
On the positive - I finally used my new rope in a workout and the DUs were executed smoothly.  
The thing I learned most....if I don't prepare my mind then my mind will win!!
Next time...finishing 4 Rnds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment