Monday, February 27, 2012

Training 2/25/12 Power snatch double

Sleep 7:30-4:15a  Fell asleep much better.  Perhaps I was in denial about being worried about the Open.

Training @ 7am
Training was quite chaotic this morning as there was a bunch going on in the gym with the Open underway.  Rest b/w sets was sometimes longer than I'd prefer as I would get caught up talking to others or encouraging them through their 7 minutes of burpees.

I don't feel sore from Friday's burpees, but a bit in the midsection & hip flexors from the GHD sit-ups.



A. power snatch - build to a tough double - rest as needed - max 2 sec reset b/t reps
I don't remember exactly what my build up was here, but when i got up to 103lbs I was too deep.  I knew I was too deep on the second rep, but thought the first was legit...until I watched the video.  Went back down to 93 & then hit 98 again.  Missed a video of 98, but that was the best for today.  

5 sets - increase weight and speed/set
3 TnG power snatch tough
5 box jumps - 20"
20 double unders AFAP
rest 4 min b/t sets

Set 1: 83lbs 28s
Set 2: 88lbs 29s
Set 3: 93lbs 29s
Set 4: 93lbs 29s after restarting...missed first rep
Set 5: 93lbs 31s tripped after 2 DUs and restarted for a full 20. 

No comments:

Post a Comment