Thursday, January 10, 2013

130107 Monday


7-Jan
Was in bed at 7pm, and asleep around 8:30 up at 5:30a.
8:30AM
A. Back squat 5, 5, 5, 5, 5; rest 2 min
185, 190, 190 was feeling rough, 185, 185. 
B. Snatch balance 3, 3, 3; rest 2 min
83lbs F on 2nd, 83lbs, 93lbs...this load felt best.  I never know where to be on these.  BTN shoulder position feels uncomfortable especially with the snatch grip. 

+
75 double unders
30 CTB chins
50 double unders
20 CTB
25 double unders
10 CTB

6:18.  I was frustrated with this or at least felt way too slow.  75 were broken several times, 50 UB and trips on 25 DUs. I don't have a rope sized for me right now so I'm experimenting with various lengths.   My old one is a bit too frayed and have been meaning to cut a new one for months.  
Pull-ups were frustrating and I just wasn't all that aggressive.  Tried doing all BF C2B and then I missed my chest on one & gave up.  I'm not sure what I expected, but it felt like a poor effort which in general frustrates me. 
My left forearm is still bugging me...although it's obviously not affecting my grip after being able to do the Strongman lifts this weekend, but it's irritating and makes me want to come off the bar sooner/not hang onto the rope and overall just feeling a bit stuck in the feminine mindset which does not bode well for good workouts.  
I'll turn the negativity around....it's what I was feeling at the time though.  I have good awareness and know there is lots of room for personal growth which I appreciate.  




PM...11AM
A. TnG power clean; 3 reps x10 sets; rest 1 min @55-65%1rm
98-108lbs.  Felt good. 
B. Snatch pulls 5, 5, 5; rest 2 min
113lbs, 123lbs, 133lbs.  Have minimal experience with these.  Didn't feel confident, but did what I could. 
C. GH raises 10-12x5; rest 2 min
12 for all 5.  Wasn't sore at all the next day.  The last couple were tough, but feel like I could add some weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment